[adv] Solarbotics after-Xmas sale on gear-motors, robots, and mini-sumos!

Hi all.

Just a quick note to let you know that if Santa didn't get you what you wanted, we've got some deals that may interest you, like:

- Sumovore mini-sumo, Stamp-Stack, and BS Brainboard add-on deal for $109USD (down from $139)

- Gear motor assortment - 14 in all! A pair each of our standard gear motor inventory, including our new pagermotor gearbox! $66.80USD - Save

20% over buying them individually...

- Hmmm, you want the gear motor assortment, so you're gonna need wheels, right? The Wheel Assortment deal also saves you 20% at $26.80USD.

- Want something a bit more "free-form" than a robot kit? How about two servo gearboxes, two "Secret Motor Driver" kits, and a set of wheels? Again, save 20% at $44.00USD!

We have a few more specials online at our new website at

- come by for a look-see.

Thanks, Dave Hrynkiw President, Solarbotics Ltd.

Reply to
Dave Hrynkiw

Dave Hrynkiw wrote: Dave, all,

Guys, check out the Sumovore in its "basic" BEAM form. This thing started out beating my regular sumo bot two falls out of three, and it doesn't even have a processor on it! You can expand it with a rear sensor, tilt sensor and whatever else your imagination comes up with. This thing is AMAZING.

My only problem with it is that it just sits there and jerks until it sees something, then it takes off and stomps the other guy. One of the guys at Solarbotics responded a little to help me fix that problem, but I still can't get it to take off on its own after the 5 second startup delay.

The boards are nicely designed, the instructions are great for construction (but pretty thin on tuning) and everything goes together really well. It is a very good and clean kit.

Get one, the price is right. (Santa brought me mine.)

IMO, DLC

[...]

Dennis Clark