Need a RC helicopter or plane to carry a small mini dv camera - any suggestions?

I am looking to strap a minDV camera to a small RC plane or helicopter for some aerial shots - any suggestions for someone on a tighter
budget?
David De wrote:

Climb a tree??????? Sorry I just couldn't help myself. Budget and aerial photography prolly don't belong in the same sentence.

Think kite aerial photography, perhaps:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kite+aerial+photography&btnG=Google+Search
Helium baloon aerial photography might be even better:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22helium+baloon%22+%22aerial+photography%22&btnG=Search
                        Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=kite+aerial+photography&btnG=Google+Search
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22helium+baloon%22+%22aerial+photography%22&btnG=Search
----------------
I have to admit that I snorted and guffawed when I first saw your suggestion of using a kite or helium balloon. However, now that I think of it, the balloon needs absolutely zero pilot skill to control and cannot be "shot down" via RF interference.
I don't care much for the kite idea because it depends on wind, blowing at a given speed and probably from a favorable position. It also requires some piloting skill.
The helium balloon may be perfect for some situations. The camera module will need to be gyro stabilized, but that is doable, low tech and should be relatively inexpensive.
You've proved your justification for your Doctorate, friend Marty.
Ed Cregger
in

The gang who sent me to Fiji and New Zealand in 2003 to look for the bones of a person who died on Gardner Island before 1940 used Kite Aerial Photography with some success on their 2007 expedition to Gardner (now Nikumaroro). I've seen the results, but I can't find any photos on the group's main site:
http://www.tighar.org

It sounded crazy to me, too--but then I googled it and found a few hits. People do strange and wonderful things. ;o)

Yes. There's no free lunch with any of these approaches.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ed!
                    Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.

One thing with helium balloons; I used an 80" weather baloon (tethered) to launch wire antennas for amateur radio events. It works well as long as their's no wind. I tied a Sony Hi8 camcorder to a couple of balloons later on. I needed more than one balloon to carry the load. Problem with the wind was that I added balloons for the heavier load, and the multiple balloons created more wind drag. It was still a fun project.
--
Smitty
Somerset, PA

Quality is ok, and the price is very good, I'd just ordered this lipo http://www.okhobby.hk/product.php?id_product=910