Small fun fly electric plane with removable wings

I have been flying the cougar 2000 for some time and really enjoy it. I have
a very small car (Ford Ka) and cannot get even a shock in the boot. I'd like
some suggestions on an electric fun fly plane with about a 1m wingspan that
has removable wings so that I can keep it in the boot and fly in a local
park etc.
I've not ventured into electric's before but will probably go straight in at
the deep end with a brushless li-po system from the start. I have a li-po
compatible charger already and am looking for a budget setup if possible
(without sacrificing too much performance). All suggestions greatly
appreciated.
Gerry.
(Location London UK)
Reply to
GerryGerry
Hi,
I have an Aero Cruiser 3D. Just under 1 meter, removable wings (tho I leave mine on). Details can be seen at
I use this cheap motor
All up, with a 1350mAh 3S Lipo, wights 545grams. With that motor, and 9x3.8 prop, produces over 650grams of thrust.
Goes vertical forever :-)
Regards,
Moby
=================================================================== Alan Stuart downunder in Perth, Oz Email: snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.AND.EGGS.moby58.com Homepage:
Weather:
for sale:

* Remove NOSPAM.AND.EGGS. from email address for replies.
And just to try and stop spammers: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com, snipped-for-privacy@sprint.com, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com, snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net
Making life REAL hard for spammers with:
Moby
You could try this tiny little stuff -
- no need to take the wings off! - but they are deceptively difficult to fly and don't like wind. cheers Dick
Reply to
R. T. Graham
These micros look amazing, but I don't think they'll be suited to outdoor fun-fly type flying. Thanks for the link anyway. BTW are there any videos of these models in flight?
Thanks Gerry
Reply to
GerryGerry
I've come accross the Blue Arrow flix-3dx. Does anyone have any experience about kit quality ect there does not seem to be too many reviews on their stuff. Again any comments appreciated.
Gerry
Reply to
GerryGerry

Site Timeline