Small Wireless Camera

I am looking for a small wireless camera with audio for my model airplane. The only real small ones I can find on ebay do not have audio. Can anyone reccommend anything? Any websites explaining how to set them up?

Matthew

Reply to
Matt

BlackwidowAV.com I highly recommend his stuff. It is not as cheap as the Ebay stuff but, then, its not as CHEAP as the Ebay stuff. I have one of his 5v 2.4ghz 200mw and one of the 600mw tx's along with the CCD color cam he sells (also runs on 5v!) and I couldnt be happier. I have installed the 200mw system in a Wingo and strapped it to the top of a slope combat plane with excellent results. I started out with the Ebay stuff, tried the high dollar Supercircuits stuff and the BlackwidowAV equip and the BlackwidowAV equip blew the other stuff away. No, I do not work for BWAV in any way. Check my website for the videos I made using his stuff (and the other sources too) for comparison. My most recent videos using the BWAV equip are:

For comparison, here is a video shot using a 900mhz Supercircuits system. My father kept a high gain Yagi antenna pointed at the plane at all times:
particular system requires a 12v power supply so it is carried by a Kadet Senior ARF.

I dont have links set up on my website for these as yet but you can check out the rest at:

Comments are most welcome and I hope you find the videos helpful!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Fubar, dumb question but what do you record the images on to? I'm assuming the receiver needs to be plugged in to a recording device like a vcr, video camera or poss. a notebook with a/v inputs correct?

Reply to
nate

Guess I should have mentioned that! I use a Sony TRV-120 digital 8 camcorder with analog inputs. My father uses an older Sony Hi-8 with analog inputs. Both work great and we dub our resulting videos back and forth to each other at the end of the flying session. My Sony also is set up with firewire so I can upload it to my computer for editing and so forth. In anticipation of the next question, I am using Pinnacle Systems Studio 9 for my video editing. Excellent program. Adobe Premiere is a much higher end program but is a lot harder to learn, in my opinion. I want to make movies, not become a video editor, so I stick with Studio 9.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Your vids are awesome by the way. Definitely a project to add to my list.

nate

Thanks!

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople