Need plane suggestions

I have a new Magnum 52 four stroke and need a plane for it. I am thinking of maybe a cub or biplane (Kyosho pitts) of some type. Kits or ARFs are ok. I prefer sport or semi-scale. I don't want a Somethin Extra. Any suggestions. Thanks.

John VB

Reply to
jjvb

The Magnum 52 would probably fly anything that uses a .40 size 2-stroke. A .40 sized Cub would definitely be nice! The Pitts is a great little plane, but it begs to be overpowered like its full size counterparts, and I don't know if the Mag 52 has that kind of oomph.

Reply to
Morris Lee

Try the .40 size Cloud Dancer. I think it's a Fred Reese design. Not seen very often at most fields as other models....such as Caps, Extras, etc. Built lite, the model is anything from a "pussy cat" to "whatever you want to do" aerobatics wise.

I've been flying one for almost 10 years, powered by a Saito .50, and it's still the model that's usually loaded up for a trip to the flying field.

Ace used to kit the .40 and .60 size, but I'm not sure if they still do. You might have to build from plans.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

If you don't mind a "stik" design, why not give the Hangar9 Ultra Stik 40 a try. If you've got a computer radio you have the option of building it with what they call "quad flaps". This enables a whole new flight envelope. Engine sizes in the 4 stroke range go up to .72 so your 52 would probably do just fine to start.

Reply to
Black Cloud

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

John VB

Reply to
jjvb

I have the Magnum 52 mounted in Kyosho's Super Stearman ARF. Terrific combination for scale like flight ...been flying the model for a couple years with no problems from plane or engine.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Numbers

Reply to
Brad B

Does your magnum 52 have next to no compression as does mine?

Reply to
arnereil