WTB: Global Caprice 15 ARF

This is an ugly little model, but it is a good flyer. I wish Hobby People would bring it back and sell it again. This time with a more attractive trim scheme, but I'd settle for an original any day.

It resembles a very small version of the Hobbico Hobbistar 60, except it utilizes conventional landing gear instead of the tricycle set up the Hobbistar 60 uses.

While the Hobbistar 60 flies somewhat sedately, the Caprice 15 flies very lively and is a blast to fly with a two-stroke .15 to .20 (hold on with the .20) or a four-stroke .20 to .30 sized engine. My OS FS-20 was terrific power, but a tad more would have been great. My OS .20FP would pull the model vertical out of sight with ease.

To me, though I never tried it, the newer .30 sized four-strokes would have been the ultimate engine/airframe combo. The OS FS-20 four-stroke would provide plenty of takeoff power from the average grass field while spinning a MA 9x6 or a Graupner nylon 10x4. Naturally, the 9x6 gave the model a bit more top speed than the other prop, but whether it needed the extra top speed is subjective. I preferred the 10x4 when the grass was short. A 10x5 would have been perfect for a .30 four-stroke.

Anyway, I want one of these kits if you have one for sale. Additionally, any other model in that size range that utilizes four-channels and a symmetrical or semi symmetrical airfoil is also wanted. I'm partial to ARFs, but kits and plansare fine too. TIA

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger