MAX-SI,OS,35 Any good?

I just picked up an MAX-SI,OS,35. Is this a good engine? I got it cheap, and don't really know much about it - hmm..now I have to build an airplane for this engine :P. I have a set of Nobler plans, I'm thinking of building that.

Reply to
Zootal

Sounds like you bought THE classic control line stunt motor of the late

60's or early 70's. If it is in good shape it would work well on a Nobler. Have you considered the Nobler ARF from Tower Hobbies? Other than making sure the control system (most guys replace the bellcrank and leadouts) was sound they sure are a good value that would get you in the air in a hurry while you build your own Nobler.
Reply to
icerinkdad

I'll post more details when I get it - I got it from eBay dirt cheap - the seller didn't take paypal, but it turns out he is 15 miles down the road from me. I don't even know if it's any good, but if it's not, I think I'll pick up a good one - a new Fox or Brodak, maybe.

Reply to
Ook