Triton Fan noise

Anyone with a Triton charger - is your fan quiet or noisy - mine has been noisy from new and I'm wondering if it's bad.

Thanks,

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Fraser

That's relative. I heard mine about 30 min ago and it's just a fan noise, can't hear ir across the room unless it dead quiet. mk

Reply to
MK

Mine is bad then - it's very noisy - sounds like bearing noise as opposed to just blade noise. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Andrew Fraser

A guy at the track has one that sounds like a jet. It sounded so bad that I convinced him to let me look at it. It had cat hair and fuzz from his pit towel on the leading edge of every fan blade. After a few blasts from the air nozzle it was much quieter. Might want to just give it a look.

John

Reply to
Honest John

Thanks to all - thing is a month old and has already been taken apart! :*) No cat fuzz - fan is clean but it has this "warbling" bearing type noise when running.

Reply to
Andrew Fraser

Mine has always been noisy. Makes more noise than my other charger

with a fan. Works ok though

-- mode

----------------------------------------------------------------------- mode1's Profile:

this thread:

mode1

Mine made quite a bit of noise, then a bit more, then quit completely within

30 minutes of its first use. Wrote a letter, sent it back to Hobby Services. They replaced the fan motor at no charge.

Morris

Reply to
Morris Lee

Sorta like the one I bought new. The fan never did come on, even under conditions the book said it should. Took it back to the dealer who sold it to me, he gave me another which works just fine. Not noisy either.

Olin McDaniel

Reply to
Olin K. McDaniel