old airplane - DSCN0672.JPG (0/1)

Recently acquired a new ariplane. Low wing, aerobatic. Gel finish, nice graphics. Any one ever have a Starhawk by Thorpe Engineering, Arizona? Dated 1989, 45 size. Is this a keeper?

Reply to
rik street

I remember Thorpe. They were in the marked for a while. Their planes were hand made in the Phillippines and beautifully painted with epoxy. I think they had three planes. One was a pattern plane with retracts, one a high wing sort of trainer and one a sport plane that was low wing. The last two were yellow, if I remember correctly. If it is the pattern plane, you would want at leat a 61..the others would be fine with a .45.... Frank Schwartz in TN

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

Rik, What would you take for it? I have a nostalgia jones for one of these :-) I had the high wing version and loved it, even though they were pigs weight wise by today's standards. My email is badbill12 at cox dot net

Bill Davenport AMA 28141

Reply to
badbill