old airplane - DSCN0672.JPG (0/1)

Recently acquired a new ariplane. Low wing, aerobatic. Gel finish, nice graphics. Any one ever have a Starhawk by Thorpe Engineering,
Arizona? Dated 1989, 45 size. Is this a keeper?
I remember Thorpe. They were in the marked for a while. Their planes were hand made in the Phillippines and beautifully painted with epoxy. I think they had three planes. One was a pattern plane with retracts, one a high wing sort of trainer and one a sport plane that was low wing. The last two were yellow, if I remember correctly. If it is the pattern plane, you would want at leat a 61..the others would be fine with a .45.... Frank Schwartz in TN
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 03:46:43 GMT, rik street

Rik, What would you take for it? I have a nostalgia jones for one of these :-) I had the high wing version and loved it, even though they were pigs weight wise by today's standards. My email is badbill12 at cox dot net
Bill Davenport AMA 28141