Overfly rights

Phil, Just a note about your own personal flying field: I had my own in VA...30+ acres with plenty of over fly. At first I flew with more vigor and frequency than a honeymooner, but after a while I missed flying with the folks at the club field. Eventually I only used it occasionally to test a model and even then it usually needed mowing first. I would not invest in that much real property again for that purpose.

Phil AMA609

Reply to
pcoopy

| Raising deer? Certainly wouldn't want bloody planes buzzing around them

The deer that frequent out field don't seem to care, unless you get within 30 or so feet of them.

| Operating a cattle stud? Who is going to be the brave person who fronts a | bloody big bull to retrieve their plane?

Retrieving a lost plane is really a different issue than flying overhead. It doesn't happen often (hopefully) and you may even be willing to consider the plane `lost'. Perhaps the land owner would be happy if he got to keep anything lost over his property? (Or could sell it back to you? Best to negotiate that sort of thing first though.)

People do lose things in other people's property all the time. Ever accidently thrown a frisbee or ball in somebody else's yard? Technically I guess it's tresspassing even if you don't retrieve it, but hopefully your neighbors aren't so uncool.

Of course, a ball can break a window, but a plane could do more damage than that, and that's the real concern.

| Breeding dogs? MMmmm they may not appreciate strangers on 'their' property

Really, you should get permission from the land owner before retrieving your plane. If there's a problem, the land owner should retrieve it for you.

You could negotiate a $20 (or whatever) fee for every plane retrieved from the land owner's property. They might find that makes up for the inconvenience :)

| Kids riding horses or bikes? I wouldn't want planes over the top of my kids

Flying over people is a bad idea in any event, be they kids or adults, friendly or hostile.

| Kids operating remote control cars? Mmmm could be some problems there, and | you can't shoo them away from their own land

The only problems I see are the ones regarding flying over people. Unless they're using 27 mhz and so are you, or they're (illegally) using 72 mhz equipment ...

| I guess there are many other options - the point is the owners of adjoining | land have the right to use their land (as the law may allow) as they see fit | - and if it interfers with your flying then bad luck, for you.

Invite them to join your club for free. Provide them with a plane if you're so inclined, or let them fly yours (on a buddy box) ...

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Horses can be tricky. The best horse can suddenly spook for the strangest of reasons. When in the herd they seem to tolerate and get use to the noise rather quickly. But under rider something like a model can suddenly turn a nice trail ride into a harrowing and deadly experience. To see how they would respond was one of the reasons I let a field go in on my property. And because of that is one of the reasons I'm going to move the field a bit further away.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Huh? Its been done...

You are allowed to shoot game over your own prpoperty. 'Sorry ossifer, I thought it was a pigeon'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The way I understand it, they are using noise as the basis of their suit. Nothing to do with aerobatics. If successful, their suit would ban_all_GA.

Reply to
Andy Asberry