Plane for a Saito .91

Anybody an idea for a Saito .91 4s (ARF)

What do I want to do with it:

Knife-edge loops, Roling loops, hover, slow rolls. Speed as low as it can get. I do not like high speeds.

I Had a Flair Swallow90. The plane was way under powered for the fancy stuff. Ir really needed a 1.50 or so.

Unfortunately we are bound to 4s engines on our field.

greets Maarten

Reply to
Maarten

Find a plane that does what you want in the .60 class. You'll have the power to do the things you're asking for. I flew a .60 CAP 232 EX with my 91 Saito and it did everthing I wanted it to in the upper end of the power curve with good reserve. Great Engine. Let us all know what you decide on, Andy

We can make a box of wood.....FLY!!

Reply to
RCPILOT48

well....I have not seen one fly yet, or even seen one. But if I had a Saito

91 and just had to pick a plane for it I would get that new Goldberg Matrix. It should be overpowered nicely with that engine. This plane is based off of the Seduction, if I am not mistaken.....which I am told was a big hit overseas.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Lorance

Why are you limited to 4strokes, because of noise restrictions?

Reply to
Normen Strobel

Yip,

In the oldendays we flew 2strokes and had quite some problems with our neighbourhood. Once a couple of planes went to 4s the complaints dropped. Has to do with the sound of the engines. Not the volume. So this became the rule. Except for engines > 1.20 they make less revs anyhow.

Reply to
Maarten

Looks indeed like something I could have fun with.! Thanks I will see What the price here in the Netherlands is.

Maarten

Reply to
Maarten

Reply to
Phil

How about a Great Planes "U-Can-Do 3D" 60 size ARF. Anyone seen one yet? Sounds like it does what you need.

ref

Alan Harriman

Reply to
Alan Harriman

a saito 91 is just not enough. Almost, but not quite. A Saito 91 would be good for the .46 size U can do though. Also, don't get an ultra stick (as previously posted). I know exactly what you are looking for and an ultra stick just won't do what you want.

Brad

Reply to
Brad Lorance

The Funtana with the 91 is great!

Reply to
Brian Jolicoeur

Sig HogBipe with APC 13 x 7 prop.

Reply to
Andy

Reply to
Paul Ryan

What is a reworked Zinger? Why not use a good prop from the start?

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I use zingers mainly because I like wood props just because they're cool. They have kind an old-school feel to them; they're quiet, beautiful, and very scale looking. I believe they're better than most when properly finished at converting torque and rpm to thrust, and they won't slice the hell out of your hands like an APC will. As far as I can see, an APC is the only serious competition with one of these props in this size (14 x 6), but they look a little strange, and have that funky APC whine; I'd like to do some tests, if I had infinite free time. I start with a Zinger, make the tips elliptical, thin the airfoil toward the tips, and leave them with a slightly rounded leading edge, and real thin trailing edge, balance and give them a coat or two of clear 21st century paint out of a spray can,( which sure seems like clear dope to me.) It only takes a few minutes on a large belt sander, and they last me a long time- those CAPs have a lot of ground clearance for the prop. In this size range, what's your idea of a good prop- what prop were you alluding to?

Paul

Paul Mc> What is a reworked Zinger? Why not use a good prop from the start? >

Reply to
Paul Ryan