Pratt & Whitney Authenticity & Value

I am a relative newbee to RC aircraft and am curious as to the level of added value and authenticity of placing the Pratt & Whitney medallion accurately on the nacelle housing of aircraft of which were/are powered by their engines. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Reply to
green baron

Well, if it's anything like the ATV world, each sticker is worth a 10% increase in horsepower. :)

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

On 21 Dec 2005 07:53:46 -0800, "green baron" wrote in :

If you're competing in a scale competition, there are grades given for accuracy of markings on the plane.

If you're just flying for fun, decorate your plane as you see fit. :o)

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

| If you're competing in a scale competition, there are grades | given for accuracy of markings on the plane.

Indeed. Isn't the usual method of operation for a serious scale competition to take a _specific_ plane at a specific point in time and duplicate it was carefully as possible?

i.e. you aren't just making a P-38 model, you're making a model of this one P-38 that was flown by Jack Knoph from this year to this year, crash landed in this year but repaired, so we're making a model of the pre-repair verison?

Usually one picks a plane where there's lots of pictures and such of it (and you do need the pictures for your paperwork for the contest anyways), and so if the original plane has a sticker, you add that sticker too if you want to score well. Seems simple enough.

I don't do scale competitions -- I'm more of a `poke holes in the sky' sort of guy -- but from what I've seen, that seems to be the plan for the people who are really into it.

Reply to
Doug McLaren