Are Gun Ranges Safe?

Extremely - much more so than Model Airplane fields. Very few shooters get killed and maimed. The opposite is true with the little airplanes.

Reply to
zara

Haha, the club I used to belong to, the flying field was ON the gun range. I don't recall any deaths or maimng tho, so yes, you're right, gun ranges are safer.

Dave Green

I'll go along with that. mk Oh dern, i nibbled. :)

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

One of the clubs I belong to must be extra safe. Our flying field is bordered on the north by a public skeet shooting range and to the south by the police shooting range. Any errant model planes can quickly be blown to pieces before they're allowed to crash into anybody and cause injury.

By coincidence, we've never gotten a noise complaint that our planes are too loud there.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

Is the flying field in the LA basin not next to a gun range ?? I think it is called "something downs" or whatever. Been a very long time since I was there.

Reply to
Eye Indo

'Cowboy' gun sport ends in tragedy Ocala Star-Banner December 18. 2005 6:01AM OCALA NATIONAL FOREST - A 39-year-old man apparently accidentally shot himself to death at a gun range Saturday while practicing a popular sport called cowboy action shooting.

RS

Reply to
Red Scholefield

[PLONK]
Reply to
CRaSH

Gun ranges are safe refuge compared to skiing slopes. At least practicing with a gun provides a benefit that is used in the rest of your life. Skiing? Idiocy, unless you live in the far northern latitudes.

With that said, no one gets out of life alive. Do what pleases you, as long as it harms no one else.

Happy Holidays, everyone.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

What is it about these trolls that you all feel compelled to line up behind the boat and snap up the bait? In looking at this group, time after time, you all allow a few trolls to destroy what is otherwise a good group.... a place were good information on modeling can be found. Why, why, why, can't you ignore them?

Reply to
J_R

Without trolls, this would be a very dull place. Why, why, why do you keep denying.

Reply to
zara

Much safer than living in Toronto ("")

Reply to
not i

We are "socializing" by aligning our opinions of the topic. It is a loose form of bonding on like issues.

Loosen up a bit. Take it easy. Usenet, or any other public forum, will never be tantamount to a super professional exchange of raw data. It just ain't gonna happen.

Happy Holidays

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Yes It's the idiots on them that are not safe.

Reply to
johnyh

Our free flight fields are as safe as your free fight bullet ranges, but I'll bet if you had radio controlled bullets things would be different!

Reply to
Skyhawk

I must say, that after getting to know you better, you're not bad at all.

Reply to
zara

I agree Ed....I'm down here in Arlington...he he he....you are a pretty good guy...

CJ

Reply to
CJ

When you have radio controlled bullets, thing will be very different!

Reply to
Skyhawk

Whittier Narrows is close to a trap shooting range. No ranges at The Basin.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Yep that was the one. Thanks Fubar for refeshing my memory.

Reply to
Eye Indo