quickie?

Is this supposed to be a glider with an OS sticker on it? Why are the ailerons inboard? Am I missing something here?

Steve Banks

well, it looks like a quickie. and most quickies I've seen have motors on them.

um I think the ailerons you are looking at are flaps. with the airlerons on the fron canard

Reply to
tater schuld

It is a Long EZ. Model of an actual D. Rutan designed plane. Very capable flyer and was an expensive kit. Looks like it was never completed since the cowl hasn't been cut for an engine yet.

Reply to
Frederick Witt

long EZ's had that much front canard?

Reply to
tater schuld

It is not a Long-Eze. It is definately in the Quickie lineage. Rutan also had another design very similar to that in the Amsoil Racer that competed in F1 air racing in the 80s.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

It's a Quickee Q2.

Ailerons on back wing, elevator on the front wing.

Old St Croix/Fusco kit now offered by Boxer R/C although they say it's still "coming soon"

I have both the Fusco and St Croix kits NIB and once Boxer starts selling them, they won't be all that rare so bid accordingly.

Don

Reply to
Don Hatten

That is in no way a Long EZ or any other EZ. The EZ series has a much shorter and straight Canard (front wing for the uninitiated). And the main or rear wing of the EZ has a sort of delta look to it though in reality it isn't a delta. Also the EZ is a pusher.

The model is indeed a Quickie. Modeled after a home built. There are two variants of the plane, a single seat and a side by side dual. The model is of the single seat version. The Canard or front wing also acts as the landing gear and contains the wheels in the wing tips. Hence the reason the control surfaces don't go all the way to the tips. And contrary to the EZ, the Quickie uses an engine in the front.

Very nice design and it flies great. Virtually stall proof! I scratch built a model many moons ago from plans out of either RC/M or Model Airplane News.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Ok, I didn't know which control surfaces were which. Looking at the picture, the rear wing had one surface up and one down, and the front wing had both down, so I assumed the elevator (canard) was on the front and that it had way inboard ailerons on the back wing. Probably the control surfaces are randomly placed as there is actually no internal hookups yet.

Thx.

Reply to
Steve Banks