RC Universe launches first auction built from the ground up for RC

A short note to let everyone in the hobby know we have just launched our long anticipated RC auction. This auction was built from the ground up specifically for the SERIOUS RC hobbyist. Automated listing tool which inserts stock photos, specs, visual text layout editor, smart RC categories, X-Ray search technology, search by location, no sniper option to sellers and much more. Most imporatantly it is 1/2 the price of that other site out there.

Check out the new site redesign and the new auction marketplace. Listing is free for 14 days and you can be seen by the largest RC audience at RCU which is 60,000 members and growing. 1 million plus total posts. 4000 forum posts/day, reviews, video, product guide, field/track/water venue locator, instructor locator and many more features online today.

All services are free on RCU. Only sellers pay a small fee to list items. We are having a contest and "free for all" in our Marketplace so you can list your items without any insertion fees.

marc

Reply to
Marc

audience at RCU which is 60,000 >members and growing.

Not interested in the auction, just the forums but you make it far too difficult to post there. Ain't gonna' get bugs just for RCU. No firewalle, no postee. Suggest you do something about that or 60,000 may just well be the peak.

Hossfly.

Reply to
CainHD

promises, promises

Reply to
JR

Reply to
uriah heep

long dreaded

This auction was built from the

you cant be serious Automated listing

RCGROUPS is free so how do you work that out, oh you mean ebay, sorry I thought youi were talking about "SERIOUS RC " hobbyists here.

Checked it out, Hated it Sorry, Good Luck Paul

Reply to
uriah heep

Yea, well how free is the "service" required to get rid of the full page pop-ups? I looked, and that ain't free.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

I think rcgroups.com is going to be the way to go and we'll find that it easily fills the void left by what once used to be a non-commercial RCU.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Once the "MyGroups" feature is working properly, you don't have to look at the main page at all if it bothers you that much! Even now, I have the forums page bookmarked, and to look at it, it's not that different from the old RCU forum page. Once the main rollout issues are worked out, they should be adding the ability for you to choose your own color scheme.

Truth be told, it's DIFFERENT, and nothing more. It'll take some time to get used to the new layout for sure, but there's hardly anything unusable about it unless you refuse to admit that it's DIFFERENT.

From what I've heard, there was a similar uproar the last time RCU went through a major overhaul. Some people just don't like change, I guess.

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

Read what you just wrote, above-its not that different, below- truth be told it's different. You sound as mixed up as Marc.

This is the best one yet, the last major change there was an uproar you can be sure. The change was with RCUs competitor who was bigger at the time who tried these types of changes, even after everybody complained the changes were made and everybody left and went to where? yes to RCU, that is how RCU became the top, he listened to the users and kept it how we wanted it and grew because of it. In a conversation on here with him he knows this happened but is unable to see that he is doing exactly the same thing. His arguments are the same as his old competitors, it is just improving the site and giving you what you need as he sees it, bull hockey. It is not the colors, it is not the speed, it is what the site is about now. The changes to the classifieds is the clincher.It will kill RCU unless he goes back to the old model. It will be slow but eventually he will choke himself. What a shame, I don't want to start again but we did on RCU so we can on RCGROUPS too.

Reply to
uriah heep

Reply to
RW Guinn

yeah, I want nothing to do with RCU since the ads listings are no longer free!

Oh wait...

I dont sell stuff on RCU. I never sold stuff on RCU. I never BOUGHT stuff on RCU. I never browsed the ads on RCU. I went to RCU for the forums. Hey, the RCU forums are still there.

Never mind.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Marc, Please make your number 59,999 and shrinking from what I have already seen. I do not wish to be a member of the new RCU. Must you spam other places like this? Did you not do that in the beginning and then after that refer to the very users that came to use the site as "LEECHES"? Why don't you give an option for people to cancel their membership with RCU? If not, who is the leech now??

There are many other sites to discuss RC

Just a few!!

Reply to
mpj220