RCU login problem supposedly fixed

The problem that caused you to have to drop your firewall is supposedly fixed. Try it.

Reply to
JR

BULL_Stuff. I still can't post. what a greedy crock of crap! I get the page:

We are sorry...

You are seeing this message because of one of the following reasons:

  1. You tried to post information from another domain. 2. Personal firewall installed on your computer explicitly erased "http_referer" information.

Problem #1:

Forum admin enabled domain checking to prevent any unauthorized access from other domains. Please use

to access our forum. You may click here to try again.

Problem #2:

Your personal firewall software may explicitly erased "http_referer" information from your browser. This small piece of information is used for security reasons only and we do not store this information on our web server, our database server, nor your browser (as cookies).

You will be able to view the content on our forums but you will not be able to post messages without "http_referer". The following personal firewall applications are known to cause this problem:

Norton Internet Security 2002:

  • Options * Personal Firewall * Advanced Options * Browsing Privacy

JR wrote:

Reply to
RW Guinn

Reply to
RW Guinn

Reply to
Bob Severance

I would not drop mine either.

Since I can get on personally, I posted the problem. It had been posted by some earlier that it was fixed.

I got a note back from Michael Krantz a few minutes ago saying it was fixed. Either it is or it's not. I can't tell. Got the note this time at about 6 pm, pst.

JR

Reply to
JR

Just worked for me. Forget all the other nasties I sa --er --uh READ in the other posts. Firewall still firewalling and posts are a - posting.

Sure miss that *spall-chacker* though.

Reply to
CainHD

It is fixed now - 2250

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

...and they won't eventually have a fix for 2003, right? If you believe that, I've got a bridge that I'd like to sell you.

Nobody said you had to drop your firewall, but all this pissing and moaning over what are TEMPORARY problems serves nothing. Can't you live without RCU for a few days?

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

No, I can't. They screwed up a good thing without adding any advantages to the majority of it's users. That's stupid, and I'm pissed, so I can live without it for lot's and lot's of years.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Would you like some cheese with that whine? For MOST of the users, the change is cosmetic only. MOST of the users use the discussion forums to discuss things. They're still intact, and just as FREE as they always were. Heck, the look and feel is close enough that anyone slightly more intelligent and slightly less belligerent than a box of rocks can figure it out in seconds.

As far as the sales forums go, I personally don't think it's right that people should be able to profit from somebody else's blood, sweat, tears, and cash without paying their fair share.

You have your opinion of RCU. I have mine. If you don't like it, fine. If you don't want to use it anymore, don't use it. I won't beg you to come back. Just don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

And this is an RCU moderator?

Maybe Marc should promote Mattew to a public relations position.

Reply to
mpj220

Hell, with all of the other sites that do the same thing, I can live without RCU .

Reply to
mineeart

This guy is single handedly turning off more members and potential members of RCU than any glitch in their site ever could. If the owner is aware of the uncivil & unprofessional tirades this mooke is performing, I only hope he has the sense to get the muzzle out...

Reply to
E Riehle

MJC,

What makes you think I had no intentions of making a point! :)

Some people will just always think that he's providing a unique service and make sure he gets his cash. They can argue it any way they want... but the only thing special on that forum is the posts... and the guy running it has nothing to do with them.

Maybe they won't mind if I arrange that an ad be put up at the top of every post on rec.models.rc.air, and collect 5 cents a post. I bet a handful of people will even support me in it!

Reply to
mineeart