Re: 27 mhz receivers wanted

Frank, I use a Futaba R114H receiver on 27.145 in a Sr. Falcon wit

absolutely no problems with range. I first tested it in an electri Wingo to almost out of sight, solid all the way. I use a ancient 196 Citizen-Ship DPT transmitter, for that Vintage R/C effect!

I'm not sure why Futaba only shows a 650 foot range, but my experienc is the R114H is a full range RX. The C-S TX does pump out like 75 milliwatts, so maybe this is a factor. I plan on testing the new R124H AM soon first with the C-S and then with a 1969 Proline TX and a 197 MRC/Futaba TX... will report back!

Weren't you using the HPI RF-2 four channel RX at one point? Rus Farri

-- pookielips195

----------------------------------------------------------------------- pookielips1954's Profile:

this thread:

pookielips1954

Yes, it was me that was using the HPI receivers and most of them work very well, indeed...I had one that glitched, but am flying right now a Tower Kaos 40 with one and no problems at all. I ordered a couple of Futaba receivers for 27 mhz an dsent them back as after getting them I found theywere only good for very short range...if you know somthing that I don't aboutthe Futaba receivers, please post it... and in the meantime, I will check and see about the R114H...if they still make it... Frank Schwartz

Reply to
Frank Schwartz

Hi Frank! I've got a current working theory on this range issue.

believe the transmitters that Futaba makes these days on 27 (or 75 for tha matter) for surface use operate at considerably lower milliwatts than TXs fo aircraft use. That 650 foot number I THINK is using the surface transmitters Later this week when I get home I'll call Futaba tech and confirm thi idea!

All I can tell you is that the R114H (discontinued; you might snag on off ebay) works perfectly in my Sr. Falcon. I've specked it out with n issues. With the Citizen-Ship TX antenna collapsed (about nine inches long) have over 200 feet of solid ground range. All three of my vintage TXs C-S, Proline and MRC/Futaba put out 600 to 750 milliwatts.

Was that the R124H you sent back? I plan on testing one soon in m expendable Wingo. I suspect it will work fine. It replaced the R114H i the Futaba lineup. By the way, Futaba specs show a 650 foot range fo the R114H as well. Not in my experience! The nice thing about using a electric model for this testing is that the ESC shuts the motor dow when it loses the signal.

What transmitter are you using? I seem to remember you have an old E- Logictrol sitting around...Russ Farri

-- pookielips195

this thread:

pookielips1954

I think it was the 124 reeceiver...once I got them i was thrilled and then I saw that the stated range was but 650 or so feet...no good. I use a Futaba 7UAF transmitter with the Futaba 27 mhz module...which somehow they say won't work, but it does and very, very well...good signal, too. I will have to watch for some more of the 114 receivers on eBay... Regards, Frank

Reply to
Frank Schwartz