Re: A question for other old farts

I use the Sig glass mounts that come in pairs. no extraneous gadgets (like nosewheel stuff) and you can set them as far as you want. they come in three sizes for different size motors. Mark

Reply to
Penguin254

Bet you've never heard of it.....

From Fly>

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

You're right, I haven't heard of the plane, but I've got a brand new G21/40! I'm fascinated by the "carburetor within a carburetor" it uses, with the tiny idle carb, like a Cox .020, mounted behind the main barrel.

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

ST was the first with a double needle carb IIRC. My G21/40 is out in the woods along the river somewhere north of the field where I have flown. I had it on an Avistar to relearn to fly after coming back after 18 years out. Older eyes, early evening light and long approaches beginners do, I momentarily lost contact. During the gyrations of recovering, the engine quit. Bummer :-[ .

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

I have been considering using silk instead of sig coverall on a future model. I have a hunch that silk would be lighter. I don't have any idea on strength, but I know that both coverings look good when well done.

Any>>I suppose there are many of us who can still cover with silk and dope. The

Bob Tomlinson Aussie RC'er and Rugby fanatic

snipped-for-privacy@iinet.net.au

You know what NOT to remove to email.

Reply to
rcflier

On 24 Aug 2003 02:18:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comPOST (Dan Thompson) wrote: I just finished a SS- 120 I got at a swap meet as a nib kit. I also installed a ST90 but I did three things.

1/ Set the first bulkhead in its rearward position as for a 4 stroke. 2/ Carved the hardwood mounts with a band saw so a fibre glass mount would fit. 3/ Fitted a 12mm ply ring between mount and bulkhead as a spacer.

I still had to add 1lb of lead to the nose to balance it. I love to fly it but I would like a bit more power. Well I bought this Saito 150 last month and GRIN :-) It's going to be a tight fit but it WILL go in there. Or else! And it will get rid of the lead.