Re: Onboard video camera (CompactFlash)

I believe something similar is being done with a cheap digital camera from
walmart. It doesn't use CF but it is able to store about 60 pictures and a
couple minutes of video, then you download it to your computer through a USB
cable. I've seen several hobbiest making electronic switches for the camera
rather than using a servo to press the button.
Reply to
Normen Strobel
Yuri - I think that would be great! Let us know how its going...
Reply to
Newbee
Thank you for the encouraging reply !
OK, I will do it. Step by step. All further details will be at
Question:
Should this system include also multi-channel DATA LOGGER, to store current servo's positions ?
This data could be easily embedded into video stream as a small "cockpit panel" in the corner.
Russian regards, Yuri
PS Good real (Sukhoi) video for you:
Enjoy !
Reply to
Yuri Tregubov
How much is this system likly to cost?
Alan Ward

Alan Ward
around 50$ (CF exc.)
Actually, Alan we could somehow cooperate on this project. It's a hobby thing for me, I'm quite busy at work (real-time medical SW) and do it after business hours at home, so any help or new ideas are very appreciated.
Currently, I'm interfacing a CF. First of all, want to estimate max possible storage rate (fps) for the card.
CCD --> video processor --> USB mC --> CF + data logger (FPGA) --> CF
Yuri
PS Please, do not reply to my YAHOO address. It's a "junk trap", not used for any real mail.
Reply to
Yuri Tregubov