Re: Plastic Canopy fix??

Contact HOB and get a new one!

HI, I have a HOB p-47 that the canopy/turtledeck got alittle flattened out. I > want to try and reform it. What kind of temperature would be good for this > without melting or causing dimpling?
Reply to
jeboba

Just checked the HOB site... they ARE bringing back the P-47.. $60.00 for the kit.

Reply to
SKYLANE42

I have a similar problem with a different canopy. I thought about doing what you suggest but learned from another modeler whose experience was "it doesn't work." That's as far as I got. You can get another canopy.

Reply to
John R. Agnew

Yea, basically if you don't have the mold, heating will only result in bigger problems.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Try using a hair dryer set on maximum temperature. You might restrict the air inlet to raise the temp a little more but there is a risk of damaging the dryer. Since the canopy is essentially not usable, you don't have a lot to lose. This method will all but eliminate the whitish marks that result when a canopy is bent.

An alternative would be to put the canopy in boiling water for a few seconds or so to see if that causes the bent areas to return to the correct shape.

Reply to
Charlie Funk