Re: Royal Evo 9 with WORKING shift select...For Sale

I have a as new Royal Evo 9 for sale, Non synth radio with the 1.26

>software with Shift select that WORKS....IT has very few hours on it, >and in perfect shape..It comes with a hard case, $450 shipped...thanks

I just picked up a Royal EVO 9 from NE Sailplane with freq synth for less than that. Actually on sale for less $$ than the 7 channel.

FredD

Reply to
RedFred1

Welcome to the EVO club, Fred! Our plan for taking over the world (one at a time) is working!

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Yes - but it would be nice to get that shift select function working on all transmitters. Disabled on mine so I can't fly Hitec gear even though they import them! Talked to the service guy today and they said they are working on the upgraded firmware fix, should be available soon. Luckily I have a JR and a few Aristocraft shift selectable rx'ers to keep me going.

FredD

Reply to
RedFred1

There's a couple of guys at RCgroups.com who willingly share the ver1.26b file that enables shift select. Look in the Multiplex EVO thread in the Radio forum and ask. Shift select isn't disabled on yours, it's simply not included. The above file is the one that has added the feature to the basic ver1.26 software to become the shift select ver1.26b software.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Cool...I'll check it out. You don't happen to have the pinouts for the comm cable do ya?

FredD

Reply to
RedFred1

Well, it's not that easy. The Data Cable you need for updating the EVO contains some electronics between the cable ends so you need more info than just the pinouts to build a cable. For my money, I just bought the cable for $30 happy in the knowledge that it's just a one time expense for as long as I own the EVO. You CAN make your own cable, but you'll have to do some searching on the Net to find the site where the schematics for the pinouts and the electronics are illustrated. I came across it once but decided to just buy the cable instead so I didn't save the website. Sorry. You really want to wade through the (very long) Multiplex Evo thread at

in the Radio forum. I think it's over a 1000 messages by now, but just about anything you ever wanted to know about the EVO can be found in that thread.

MJC

"RedFred1" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m01.aol.com...

Reply to
MJC

I agree - did the same thing! But I couldn't find a link to the thread to someone who had the v1.26b for the 9 channel...anyone got this file they could e-mail me I would appreciate it!

FredD

Reply to
RedFred1

Here's a link for the Evo9 ver1.26b. This guy doesn't say it up front, but you can see that it's the file for the 9 channel Evo by the actual name of the file when you download it.

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Thank you Sir!

The other info from the rcgroups and this file should get me where I need to be! Appreciate the help.

FredD

Reply to
RedFred1