Re: Ruddervator probs

I have had some experience with the hobbyzone planes. The ruddervators have to be balanced for the plane to fly right. You may have gotten the control wires twisted around each other. The other possible problem could be a weak return rubber band, or a restriction not allowing the control surface to return to neutral. If you can't balance the controls with the trim slider, you might have to readjust the cable length using the knurl nut. If it doesn't balance, it won't fly right.

I had a minor crash in my Aerobird Extreme the other day, and damaged > the rear V-tail slightly. The horn where the servo cable connects > pulled out, but after a little tinkering last night, was able to reset > it. However, now I notice that the left ruddervator - left if you are > looking at it from behind - does not have as much throw action as the > one on the right. When I give it up, the flap only raises about half as > much as the other one, but, if I keep the stick pulled back, and give > it some left (or right, can't remember) the elevator goes up further > all the way to bring it in line with the other one. To make it clear, > it's as if the right one isnt fully deploying for up and down. As I > haven't yet flown it - which I am a little concerned about - I'm not > sure if this is goung to cause a cataclysmic smash. > Does anyone know if this is normal, and was it doing probably doing > this before the very minor crash, more like slight cartwheel landing > actually in long grass, only I didn't notice? >
Reply to
Mike