Remove CA from Monocoat?

Just had a Management Moment*. Tried to install pinned hinges with CA, even though I _know_ it's stupid.

I've got the hinges out, the new ones are in, the epoxy is cured and the grease (that I forgot to put on the ones I CA'd in) has successfully kept the hinges hinges, instead of hinge-like bits of solid nylon.

But I left some CA fingerprints on the Monocoat in my desperate attempt to rip things apart before the glue cured.

Is CA remover (which I don't have) safe on Monocoat? Can I just use acetone?

TIA

  • I'm too young for Senior Moments -- that'll come.
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Use acetone (finger nail polish remover) to remove errant CA.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

acetone is cheaper and in my opinion, better.

Its fine on monokote, I use it to clean up the colored glue that you get left behind.

However it is slow to work..so try and dio this outside, you will need a pad of sopping et acetone 0 tissues etc, and kep at it. It will leave a dull film unless uyou are very patient and get every last bit off.

Actually, thinking about it, thinning thin CA with acetone and brushing on monokote might make a decent paint primer.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher