Req pushrod guidline/recommendation for e-flight setup.

What are the normal pushrod choices for park/slow electrics in the 16oz-30oz
range when a run of 18"-24" is required? Sullivan Gold-n-Rod style seem a
bit stout while Dubro Micro rods sound a bit on the light side (although
probably not if supported properly). Familiar with 2-pound+ glow, new to
e-flight...charting new teritory. ;-)
Regards,
Terry
Reply to
Terry
One fellow uses carbon fiber rods (1/16" or so) and glues a wire on each end with thread and CA. MK
Reply to
MK
Exactly how I do 'em - Z-bend at the control horn end and DuBro micro quik connectors at the servo end. I use 1/4" x 1.5mm carbon fiber stock with a hole drilled into it for pushrod guides about mid-span to keep the carbon rod from flexing. Work great and lightweight.
Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego
Good to hear that these rods, if properly supported, could be applicable to this application. Sometimes nice not having to purchase parts and pieces separately. Thanks for your reply!
-Terry
Reply to
Terry

Site Timeline