Saito 1.20 exhaust problem

I have mounted a Saito 1.20 on my SeaGull models Edge 540 and have a serious problem. I have the older style muffler that has the black header pipe that turns at a 45 degree angle when it comes out of the head. I only have about 1 1/16" clearance between the exhaust hole to the firewall. I need soemthing that will allow me turn the exhaust header at a sharper angle so I can clear the firewall. I have looked at the flexhose exhausts but they too are too deep to fit there...PLEASE help!!!!

Reply to
rokman

???

Marty

Reply to
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Thanks a lot...I am going to give them a call as soon as they open.

Reply to
Dana Hughes

What's wrong with the rubber flex pipe sold at the hobby shop.Tower has them too. My 4S runs on just the header pipe very well without the presure fitting.It can do with out the muffler.Mine is a 70 not a 1.20

Reply to
TX_QBALL

The flex hose has a header that hooks to the head just like the muffler does or at least I think it does. In the pics on Saito's website it does not look like it would fit.

Reply to
Dana Hughes

Can you remove some of the firewall?

Jerr

-- tailskid

Been modeling since '49 - which makes me an Old Fart

this thread:

tailskid2

I removed a little more of the firewall and also took the ppe and pu it in a vise and heated up the middle and put some rods in the ends of it and pulled them together. I have got about a 30 degree bend now and it works great!!

View this thread:

Dana Hughes