Simulator better than RealFlight G3.5 ???

Okay. What system are you running on? I have a Celeron 2.4 with 2.0 GB and an NVIDIA GeForce 6200. I don't think that it uses very much of the RAM, (maybe only 76 MB) and I get a really fast frame rate when I use a photo realistic field, because only the plane must be rendered. From my point of view it seems very accurate.

Reply to
Peter Olcott

-----------

I'm running a Dell Quad Core 2.5 Ghz computer that is less than six months old, or thereabouts. The video card in this computer is minimal. I'm thinking of upgrading, but I'm not interested in spending $200 plus. Maybe $100. Even that would have to be several orders of magnitude better than the onboard video card.

I'm running 2 GB of RAM and Win XP SP3.

For operating the G4.5 sim, a Dual Core would have been a better machine. Dell doesn't mention that the Quad Core chip utilizes four Intel Pentium 3 processors in their ad material. Had I known that, I would have bought a Dual Core system.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Yes so since your machine is much more powerful than mine, I would guess that the issue is your card, also since my card was very cheap and works very well a similar card should work at least as well for you.

Reply to
Peter Olcott

I tried the free upgrade from 4.0 to 4.5 and the system lagged far too much so I uninstalled the upgrade and re-installed the 4.0. Another thing the Photorealistic fields require much less processing power, you might try switching to these to see if your lag time goes away.

Reply to
Peter Olcott