Stu Ricmond on Mode I

With the Yoke you pull back and forth for elevator and twist for aileron, so it is split. The first planes had the elevator and ailerons split between two sticks, and it has been found to work well on space craft, if the pilot is trained this way.

Reply to
Sport_Pilot

On the contrary, I asked you for your credentials on the subject. And as you said, you know no more than what you learned in High School. You're no smarter on the subject than Stu so the question is, why should we believe you? I suspect you're simply one of the peons in the latest character bashing escapade! Is Stu Richmond going to replace JM as the villain of choice now?

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Here is one more twist. There was (or is) a modeler that configured his elevator backwards. push stick up and the airplane goes up and stick down the nose goes down. What mode is that. It was written up in RCM a few years back. I think the Republic Seebee had the right idea for switching mode 1 and mode 2. :)

jjb

Red Scholefield wrote:

Reply to
jim breeyear

Huh? I don't have any time in one of those. Did they try to reinvent the control systems?

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Reply to
jim breeyear

WOW! Lets start by confusing ourselves so there are NO normal reactions allowed! Jeez.... That is why I have never played around with I or II.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

JR Radios still use fixed locations for their switches. As JR argues, one can hand another JR user a transmitter and without any instructions required.

Bill -- A JR 8103 user

Reply to
BillW50

Well I don't know what is going on here, except that I know Jones has no experience in what Jones is talking about and I was offended!

For starters, I have worked with the best medical and scientist in the world while working for Philips on electron and scanning microscopes (now retired). And it has become very clear to me those with credentials, diplomas, etc. doesn't mean a single thing to me anymore. As *most* get them because they knew someone or they are rich. And it has no bearing on how smart you are. And quite frankly, most couldn't figure out how to get out of a wet paper bag. And most would probably end up crying just trying.

And the real brains (most of the time) are the so-called peons! Yes, the ones without the credentials! You don't know how many lab technicians who actually came up with something really amazing! And who gets the credit in the journal? Not the lab technicians of course!

You don't know how often I myself, have figured something out long before so-called science did. I've advanced so far ahead of them that I don't even trust them anymore. But that's another topic.

Well Jones... having credentials is just basically based on foolishness! And I'll take on anybody anytime. Well Albert Einstein and Mark Twain could beat me... but they are both dead! Btw, Thomas Edison was nothing more than a great thief! Just ask Tesla. Oops he is dead too. But rumors have it that many of Telsa's experiments are still top secret under the US Government. Is any of Edison's? Not as far as I know. Tesla was a peon btw, working for Edison.

So the next time you belittle peons... let me assure you that they are the real brains in our society. Unfortunately most are brainwashed to believe otherwise. Now Jones, don't tell me you are one of the brainwashed? Although something tells me, this is true!

Bill

Reply to
BillW50

I noticed Philips (at least those on the other side of the pond) seemed to have a severe case of NIH syndrome while I was working for them on x-ray diffractometer and spectrometers. NIH = Not Invented Here..... (:->))

Cheers'n Beers.. [_]) Don

Reply to
Don Parker

Oh gosh yes! If they didn't invent the idea, it wasn't even worth bring up to them! They like to believe they invented the light bulb. But otherwise they did pretty well. After all, they gave us the cassette and CD's (well Sony takes half of the credit anyway).

Bill

Reply to
BillW50

Well maybe we can do a "Poor BillW50" thread. It can stand for all the down trodden techies (and similar) who are really smarter than the big wigs but simply are unable to get any credentials of any sort! Leaving them to rot in the sewer of life! Boo! Hoo!

And of course this was none of their own doing! They never made the choices or decisions that left them in this state. It's all the other guys fault for not recognizing their superior abilities. Right? Or at least not giving them full credit for their work. The world conspired against them!

Cry me a river Bill! You made your choices in life. Now be man enough to live with them. I made mine too and have the bad heart and other issues to show for it. I'm not even 50 yet and I'll be lucky to see 60! But one thing is for sure, I probably wouldn't be here now if I hadn't quit when I did. So give me a great big Waaaaaaaa!

I too started at the bottom of my chosen career and worked my way up. Fortunately I progressed rapidly. Maybe I was lucky or maybe I was really that good. But I was successful beyond my wildest dreams. And one thing I always did was to give my subordinates full credit for their ideas and effort. But it was always my ass on the line for the results because I was in charge. And when the results frequently measured in the tens and hundreds of millions, you get paid for stepping up to the plate. And that is what my subordinates never had to do. I suspect you never really had to do that either. So quit you sour grapes and learn to be a man for a change.

BTW, credentials can come in a variety of forms.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Telsa's experiments are top secret because he discovered a way that everyone could have FREE energy. Does anyone think the goverment or electric companies would like this?????????????????

Just my 2 cents

Mike

Reply to
Mike R

yes all his papers are there in hiding, right alongside the 200 mpg carbs and the perpetual motion machines.

did you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary

BTW,,,who is Telsa??

Reply to
Bob Cowell

Yep! And Kelly Johnson is really an alien! Any Lockheed employee will tell you he didn't die, he went home!

Reply to
C.O.Jones

Well maybe we can do a "Poor BillW50" thread. It can stand for all the down trodden techies (and similar) who are really smarter than the big wigs but simply are unable to get any credentials of any sort! Leaving them to rot in the sewer of life! Boo! Hoo!

So you don't like the message, so you attack the messenger. How so typical. In science we call this game of yours as cognitive dissonance.

And of course this was none of their own doing! They never made the choices or decisions that left them in this state. It's all the other guys fault for not recognizing their superior abilities. Right? Or at least not giving them full credit for their work. The world conspired against them!

Scum tends to float to the top! No big secret there. And you are wrong about me, as my life was *mostly* of my own doing! As many tried to drag me up the ladder, but I was unwilling to go.

Btw, your theory doesn't add up when referring to others as well. As when you run the numbers, it's an impossibility to have everybody at the top of the ladder. As some people (most of them btw) have to be pushed back. This is just a fact of life!

Cry me a river Bill! You made your choices in life. Now be man enough to live with them.

Boy have you read me all wrong. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I for one if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. As I am very happy with what I have done in my life. Albert Einstein on the other hand, said if he had to do it all over again, he would have became a plumber. Maybe it is just me, but I completely understood what he meant.

I made mine too and have the bad heart and other issues to show for it. I'm not even 50 yet and I'll be lucky to see 60! But one thing is for sure, I probably wouldn't be here now if I hadn't quit when I did. So give me a great big Waaaaaaaa!

See! Only if you ran into me much earlier in your life, you might be in better shape like me. As I am very close to pushing 50 myself. And I never had an operation, still have all my parts, and I no longer take any prescription drugs either. I guess this is a rare claim in this day and age.

And back when I did take medication to treat such things like heartburn, blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes. Two of them where taken off of the market for killing people. Some of them make you feel dopey. And the rest never worked worth a darn.

Imagine for a second that you had a car mechanic who routinely doesn't get it right until about your 5th return trip. Now I don't know how many people would put up with this, but those same people put up with this from their doctors all the time! Doesn't make any sense, does it?

Now one goes to the doctor and the doctor gives you a pill to take. The doctor of course is clueless if this drug is right one for you or not. And if it isn't, the doctor has a whole catalog of other drugs to try. Thus you become like a lab rat and there is no telling what might happen to you in the future.

So what is this telling us? That doctors were born into this world clueless, then taken a path to so-called higher learning (which is supposed to be a good thing). Then they setup shop somewhere and they are still clueless just like in the beginning. Pretty ironic, isn't it?

I too started at the bottom of my chosen career and worked my way up. Fortunately I progressed rapidly. Maybe I was lucky or maybe I was really that good. But I was successful beyond my wildest dreams.

I too could have easily chosen this path as well. And quite frankly, I know of nothing that would have stopped me. Although such a path isn't for me. As wealth, power, vanity, etc. are not attractive things and hopefully will never be to me.

For example, I was given an expense account since I traveled all of the time. Although unlike the others, I didn't care much for expensive restaurants and hotels. No problem until we had our yearly budget review meeting and everybody's yearly expenses was up there to see. And I always got into trouble because my expenses were so low that I was making everyone else's look bad. While it was embarrassing to me during that one day a year (and I hated going to that one), I never did change.

In fact, I didn't always turn in all of my expenses anyway. Didn't deduct them on my taxes either. Also, I don't claim any deductions on my taxes at all anymore. Interesting enough, the IRS hasn't yet paid me any tax refunds they owe me for the last two years. Nor have I made any effort to go after them. Nor do I always cash in my checks that I receive. Why? Because I don't desire for any wealth. As all I want is just enough to pay for my small modest bills and I'm totally happy with that.

And one thing I always did was to give my subordinates full credit for their ideas and effort.

If this were true on your part, it would be a true rarity. But on the other hand, you did call others on the bottom as peons. And this tells me that you have a low opinion of these people and you may also use these people as pawns for your own personal gains.

But it was always my ass on the line for the results because I was in charge. And when the results frequently measured in the tens and hundreds of millions, you get paid for stepping up to the plate. And that is what my subordinates never had to do. I suspect you never really had to do that either. So quit you sour grapes and learn to be a man for a change.

You stepped up to the plate because you found greed and power attractive to you. So how many lives have you ruined in the process? It's a dog eat dog world out there they say and to eat others before they eat you. I don't play those kinds of games myself. As I've found that biting dogs only encourages them to bite back.

Sour grapes and be a man? For starters, no sour grapes here and I wouldn't change my life if I had to do it all over again. And your idea of a man is far different than mine. Sorry, but I have no inclinations of becoming just pond scum. And there isn't enough money in the world to make me go there either.

BTW, credentials can come in a variety of forms.

Thanks for that very ambiguous comment. And btw, if everyone lived their lives like I have, there would be nobody wanting to climb up the ladder, no crime, no need for governments, etc. I don't know about you, but that sounds far more attractive to me than what we have right now.

Although I wouldn't worry too much about this idea ever catching on too far. As there is virtually no chance that there will be enough of my kind to make any difference to do any damage to your kind. Unfortunately it isn't true in reverse.

Bill

Reply to
BillW50

Both Bob Cowell and C.O. Jones should be ashamed of themselves. But I'm betting that neither one are or will ever be. As I have seen their kind many times before. As they *love* to step on little people for their own pleasure and personal gain. As it somehow makes them feel better about themselves.

I for one have enough intelligence to see right through their little game. As they can't baffle people with their intelligence, so they must then instead attack the individual. Like Mike R, for example.

Although I for one don't know why the government came in back in 1943 and had taken Nikola Tesla's stuff and put them under lock and key and refuse to tell us anything. Although PBS did have a nice special about Tesla about 4 years ago that can still be found in VHS format at:

Tesla: Master of Lightning (VHS)

It also annoys me that people like Bob and Jones likes to suppress a story like Tesla's. After all, Nikola himself had been under attack by the likes of Edison, Morgan, Westinghouse, etc. As Nikola has given us so much. Yes, even our electronics used in our RC hobby! Yet these same people had made millions off of his inventions. Yet as usual, Nikola Tesla died penniless and virtually forgotten.

I'm sure Tesla's real genius could have made him a very wealthy man. But most geniuses are unwilling to reduce themselves to mere pond scum to achieve it.

Bill

Reply to
BillW50

I actually heard he is living with you C.O. trying to teach you to fly R/C airplanes..........he said he is having a difficult time with you because you still believe in that "downwind myth"

Mike

Reply to
Mike R

I forgot to mention this...........elling is ot a reirement when atting on the nenet

Reply to
Mike R

All I see is a whiner Bill. Not a messenger. And cream also rises to the top! Think about it.

Reply to
C.O.Jones

I see where you're accepting more of that responsibility for your life Bill! Attack the successful guys! It is after all, all their fault!

Reply to
C.O.Jones