Super Sportster rename the FROG

My Super Sportster has been dubbed "The Frog" as the weight of the seven cell battery pack seems to permit the plane to hop rather than take off.

I have three batteries; so, I might just get the next larger motor and see if that will let it take off.

George in Winter Haven, FL

Reply to
barbarow

Good luck George! Got a Video?

Ed Forsythe

Presuming you're talking about the GP SS-EP, put a 200 Watt outrunner and a 3100 MAh LiPo in it with a 10x7 slo fly and it will accelerate straight up.

Mine does.

CR

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

Presuming you're talking about the GP SS-EP, put a 200 Watt outrunner and a 3100 MAh LiPo in it with a 10x7 slo fly and it will accelerate straight up.

Mine does.

CR

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

Ed,

That is just plain mean. The guy comes to us for help. If you can't help him, best to butt out.

CR

Ed Forsythe wrote:

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

Whoa!! Please read my post again. I simply sincerely wished the OP good luck in finding a solution to his problem. The "Got a video" was an afterthought. I thought that it would be entertaining watching the Frog leaping down the runway in a vain attempt to get airborne. Nothing mean intended. I try not to offer solutions when others have/will respond. I hate reading posts with the same solution offered by numerous other responders - it's a waste of time. If you check any of my posts you'll see that I never flame, insult, or otherwise denigrate anyone or anything. If more were like me (and Al ;-)) the Internet would be much more pleasant.

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Ed, I guess I took your comment as you meant it, and really think one has to stretch to see anything "mean" in your response. I think it would be hoot to see the frog in action, too.

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

Thanks Harlan :-)

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Neither of you take the feelings of guy into consideration. He spends all that $$ on the model and it flies like a boat anchor. So he comes to this forum for help and Ed makes fun of him. Harlan, if you don't see why I made my remark to Ed, you are both oblivious to the feelings of others.

CR

Forsythe wrote:

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

Charles, the point is, I don't think Ed made fun out of him at all, and I can't see how you would interpret Ed's comment that way. I think you would have to be in a negative state of mind to put that kind of spin on it. But, look, people respond differently to different words. The words Ed chose to use apparently lit your fuse, and it shouldn't be a surprise that it happens. I'm sure I've misinterpreted certain comments, too. I've probably made some that were not taken as intended, as well. That's just one of the downsides to this kind of communication. But its better than no communication.

Harlan

Reply to
H Davis

---------------

Ed Forsythe is a good guy.

It is so easy to misinterpret written messages that I am surprised that we do not have more difficulty than we do.

My offbeat sense of humor is constantly getting me in trouble on the internet, but I persist any way. I'm not hesitant to repost and offer an apology if necessary. After all, I meant no harm on insult to begin with.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Charles and Peggy I sincerely apologize for making a remark which could be interpreted as rude or mean. After reading my post I think I can understand why you feel as you do. It's easy to *send* but I can't locate a "changed my mind" button anywhere! Sorry -

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

"Ed Cregger" wrote

It seems unlikely (to me) that the OP would be offended at the "got video" crack, since posting the comment that the new plane was "like a frog" comes off as poking a bit of humor (at himself) about it's behavior, in the first place.

That is my take, anyway.

Reply to
Morgans

Well taken, Sir. Thank you.

I think your apology was directed to the wrong party. I note that he hasn't been back.

CR

Ed Forsythe wrote:

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson