SuperTigre Glow plugs any good?

I have been using OS#8 in my OS engines and have had no hassles - I need some spares and noted that Super Tigre equivalents are much cheaper - so the question is whether they are as good as the OS plugs or not.

I don;t want hassles so am OK to pay more for the OS if there is a difference in quality/performance

Cheers

David

Reply to
quietguy

The Supertigre plugs supplied with their engines have been a great source of frustration for everyone using them! Now that Supertigre engines are no longer made in Italy, maybe they will get some good plugs!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Thanks Paul, just the sort of info I needed

David - who will stick with OS plugs

Paul Mc> The Supertigre plugs supplied with their engines have been a great source of

Reply to
quietguy

I'm not sure I've ever bought an engine that came with a plug. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

Despite the extra cost, I run O.S. #8 plugs in my two-cycle engines and O.S. F plugs in my four-cycles.

I think they are superior to the other glow plugs available.

Good flying, desmobob

"quietguy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com...

Reply to
Robert Scott

My new GMS .32 and OS FL-70 came with glow plugs.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

OS plugs and engines are the best, so why trust the rest?

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

They may be, at least the OS Type F plugs are, or have been.

I've never had the need to go to more expensive plugs for two-stroke sport flying. I have ran various el cheapo housebrand plugs for years without a problem.

Were I still running engines with tuned exhaust systems, I'm sure that I would feel differently, but for just sport flying...

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

I think that if you buy them through MECOA, they came with K&B 1L plugs. When I sold them I also included one of those.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Thunderbolt!

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

OS engines are middle of the road. For power they are middle of the road. For quality, they are above average. For price, they are almost off the scale. For any OS you can name, I can name another brand's offering that is at least equal in performance and reliability anf much better on price.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

No...

ST make great engines, lousy plugs..

After a while, ( and MANY ST engines with "free" plugs), I just unscrewed them and tossed them...

I run Fox plugs in them.

Dave

o>I have been using OS#8 in my OS engines and have had no hassles - I need

Reply to
Dave

When I broke in a new, old-stock Italian ST the other day, I intended to leave the stock plug in during engine stand break-in, then put in a nice new O.S. #8. Problem was, the ST plug had such a tall center post, my glow charger wouldn't lock on it! I had to use a #8 from the start.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

I don't think I've ever purchased an engine that DIDN'T come with a plug....

Super Tigre O.S. Thunder Tiger Saito Magnum

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

and what would that brand be?

Reply to
seany1124

If it is a ringed Super Tigre, I'll use the stock plug through break-in. Why expose a good plug to whatever swarf is in the engine?

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Name an OS engine and I'll name another.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

McIntosh:

You've got to be kidding about price. The cost of an OS engine is chump change, but then a chump like you needs something he can afford. For you, I recommend Megatech!

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

Good point Ed!

I DO wash the new engines out with kerosene (backplate and plug removed) and re-lube them before 1st startup tho..

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hmmmm..

.........been a while.

But now I remember ... I had the same prob..

Dave

Reply to
Dave