SuperTigre Glow plugs any good?

I have been using OS#8 in my OS engines and have had no hassles - I need some spares and noted that Super Tigre equivalents are much cheaper - so
the question is whether they are as good as the OS plugs or not.
I don;t want hassles so am OK to pay more for the OS if there is a difference in quality/performance
Cheers
David
The Supertigre plugs supplied with their engines have been a great source of frustration for everyone using them! Now that Supertigre engines are no longer made in Italy, maybe they will get some good plugs!
--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com
Paul McIntosh wrote:

I'm not sure I've ever bought an engine that came with a plug. mk

My new GMS .32 and OS FL-70 came with glow plugs.
Ed Cregger

I think that if you buy them through MECOA, they came with K&B 1L plugs. When I sold them I also included one of those.
--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com

I don't think I've ever purchased an engine that DIDN'T come with a plug....
Super Tigre O.S. Thunder Tiger Saito Magnum
Good flying, desmobob
Despite the extra cost, I run O.S. #8 plugs in my two-cycle engines and O.S. F plugs in my four-cycles.
I think they are superior to the other glow plugs available.
Good flying, desmobob
message

They may be, at least the OS Type F plugs are, or have been.
I've never had the need to go to more expensive plugs for two-stroke sport flying. I have ran various el cheapo housebrand plugs for years without a problem.
Were I still running engines with tuned exhaust systems, I'm sure that I would feel differently, but for just sport flying...
Ed Cregger
Thunderbolt!
--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com
OS plugs and engines are the best, so why trust the rest?
Ciao,
Mr Akimoto
OS engines are middle of the road. For power they are middle of the road. For quality, they are above average. For price, they are almost off the scale. For any OS you can name, I can name another brand's offering that is at least equal in performance and reliability anf much better on price.
--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com
and what would that brand be?
Name an OS engine and I'll name another.
--
Paul McIntosh
RC-Bearings.com
Paul McIntosh wrote:

Go do your homework. Tomorrow is a school day.
Ed Cregger
No...
ST make great engines, lousy plugs..
After a while, ( and MANY ST engines with "free" plugs), I just unscrewed them and tossed them...
I run Fox plugs in them.
    Dave
    oOn Sun, 16 Oct 2005 01:15:59 GMT, quietguy

When I broke in a new, old-stock Italian ST the other day, I intended to leave the stock plug in during engine stand break-in, then put in a nice new O.S. #8. Problem was, the ST plug had such a tall center post, my glow charger wouldn't lock on it! I had to use a #8 from the start.
Good flying, desmobob

Site Timeline

  • - the site's newest thread. Posted in