Tail Support

I have an Ultra Stick Lite with a Saito 180. I'm looking for the support you can install from the horizontal tail surface to the vertical tail surface. Particularly, I'm looking for the solid wire type, not cable. Where do you get this from? Any leads appreciated. Thanks Howard

Reply to
Howard

I made some from K&S streamlined aluminum tubing purchased at the local hobby shop. It just looks better than wire. Notice that it is available from 1/4 to 3/4 cross section at 35 inch lengths:

OldPhart

IIRC Dubro makes what you want.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Howard --

I have used 1/16" brass tubing as the 'solid wire type' -- solder the next size tubing at the ends, flatten and bend, then drill the attachment bolt hole.As far as the stab/fin, I drill and then insert a 1/8" dia. aluminum tube before sanding; a 2-56 bolt fits through fine.

Cheers -- \_________Lyman Slack________/ \_______Flying Gators R/C___/ \_____AMA 6430 LM____ / \___Gainesville FL_____/ Visit my Web Site at

Lyman Slack