Tin Vs. Aluminum

Hello Everyone,
I am doing some reconstruction work on an Eagle 2. I need to replace the .008" Aluminum Sheeting that surrounds the trailing edge of the wing that
protects the edge from the hold down rubber bands.
I can not seem to find the .008" Aluminum anywhere. The smallest I can find is .016". I did find .008" Tin.
I do not know anything about metallurgy. Do you see any reason why I can not use the Tin in place of the Aluminum ?
Thank You Kindly for any input, or advice,
Wayne R. Russ
Insert some 1/16" plywood on the top and bottom
Just a suggestion Don.

the
can
That would work too

that
can
Tin is much softer than aluminum. Since it is a small area, go with the .016" aluminum. The weight added will be negligible and it will protect the TE from rubber band rash.
Jim W
I think he is talking about "Tinplate", which is actually steel coated with tin as used in "tin cans". That would be ok. Just a little harder to bend.
Regards
Tom Watson Sydney Australia

the
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 18:30:55 -0400, "Wayne R. Russ"
Soda cans?
Barry
Hello Again,
I will check soda cans. They are cheap. If for some odd unknown reason that doesn't work, I will go with the .016". I am headed to the local convenience store for the soda now.
Thank You So Very Kindly for your advice,
Wayne R. Russ

the
can
Don't worry about the thickeness, just use any piece of tin, aluminum thats thin enough to be able to bend it easily, but thick enough that it won't deform significantly under the stress of the rubberbands
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 18:30:55 -0400, "Wayne R. Russ"