Tower Hobbies service slipping?

"Vance Howard" wrote

Right. If he wanted it quickly, he could have ponied up and had it shipped by one of the big parcel companies that ships by air.

Reply to
Morgans

How can Tower Hobbies be held responsible for the service of a freight carrier? Makes no sense to me. Isn't that what we are discussing here?

No one would expect it to take 90 days for Tower Hobbies to respond.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

on about 2/15 I placed orders with Offshore Electrics (based in CA), Hobby King (Hong Kong), and Hobby People (Fountain Valley , CA) . All were shipped surface. I received the Offshore order within 2 weeks, the Hong Kong order took 3.5 weeks and I have yet to receive the CA order, though it shipped on 2/20. Their response was similar to that of Tower Hobbies. In the past, have ordered from Tower as well as other internet suppliers and this is the first time I have had any significant delay in receiving orders. I blame it on the shipping company, not the seller.

Randy

"Fubar of the HillPeople" wrote in message news:gr1co6$1nm$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Reply to
Randy

Wow what a following. I quest I should let people screw me over. No wait I don't think so. First off I are currently outside the us. When you hear that then maybe most would agree that it will take a while for something to get here me two around 3 weeks like the last thing I order from them. But then you have to realize that being in the military everything goes through a US address. With that said when I order stuff say from hobbycity with a US address 90 days out and 90 days back. That would be the logic I'm hearing here. But I put a order in to hobbycity on the same day. Took 10 days to get here. And yes I when the cheep way from them to. So something doesn't add up. I will say this there estmate on when it would arrive was 24-27 March. Now they say 2-6 weeks but wait 90 days. I'm not a smart man but isn't that 8 weeks. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm almost never right either says the wife. And no I can't blame tower for the freight carrier. But I can blame them for say one thing and it not being the case. I just wished hobbycity had balsa. It's really high to buy at the local hobby store here.

Reply to
addH123

90 days is about 12 weeks. That line at the top that says when the order will get to you says " Estimate of when it will arrive: 3/24 to 3/27" says just that, It's an ESTIMATE. That's when they guess it will reach you. They can't predict what the shipping company is going to do. They tell you 2 - 6 weeks and you start whining at 3 weeks.

You also can't compare Tower to Hobby City either. I have had orders from them show up rather quickly also, but also have had to wait 6 weeks for an order.

I suggest you wait another 3 weeks. I bet your order shows up any day now.

Reply to
Vance Howard

But is hasn't been 90 days, its been 24. Just over 3 weeks, not 8. You are bitching about something that hasn't even happened. If a friend says they are coming over to your house and it should take up to half an hour to get there but could take as long as an hour because its across town, do you start ringing his phone off the hook after 10 minutes?

"Augh! You said it might take 30 minutes, and its been 10 minutes and you are not here yet and I know its across town and its even possible it could take you an hour but an hour is twice as long as 30 minutes even though its been 10 minutes and you aren't here yet even though its 20 minutes less than you said it should take and 50 minutes less than it could take! No fair! I am not your friend anymore!"

That is what I am hearing.

Dan

Reply to
Fubar of the HillPeople

Out of the 7 order from hobby city the longest has be 13 days. Again it goes to Cal. Then back to me. The tower has taken up to 3 weeks. Doesn't matter how I have them ship it. Most cases if I pay for the higher shipping it takes longer to get here. Your right it is 12 weeks. Shouldn't drink while whining on the net. But isn't that what we do on here whining and give tips.

Reply to
addH123

PLONK!

Reply to
Ed Cregger

$10 off order 50 or more. You guys can have it I'm not going to use it.

599NB
Reply to
addH123

Surface is by SHIP! Depending on where the guy lives, it could easily be 90 days.

Reply to
Jim

Just have it sent by EMS through USPS. Quick and easy and not that expensive. Obviously the guy wanted the cheap way out and still wanted expensive level of service. It looks to me like Tower complied with his every wish and now he is bashing them for it., I think he should shop elsewhere and not bother us with his problems.

Reply to
Jim

First, Offshore Electrics is located in Chelsea, MA, not California. Seems you got the Offshore order OK but are waiting on the Hobby People order? Remember, small items (box less than 1 cubic foot) are usually sent by USPS Priority or maybe UPS ground (don't know why they would. costs the same, much slower) BUT anything larger, like a kit, etc, will be shipped by UPS ground or Fedex ground. So you see, you can't equate EVERY order. Some are sent by fast methods than others, in the interest of cost of shipping to the customer.

Reply to
Jim

Hobby City can send really cheap by Hong Kong Air if the package is under a certain weight. So it's going air to US and then air to your APO. Nobody in the US can send anything of any size by air without it costing an arm and a leg. It does seem a bit strange though about the incredible time lag. Are you sure Tower didn't have the item on backorder and they said they expected it in soon and they would send it as soon as they had it and that would be 8 weeks?

Reply to
Jim

To misquote another in another forum I frequent, shall we call you a wambulance?

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

LOL!

"Six_O'Clock_High" > 599NB