towerpro servo

Does anyone have any experience with the Tower Pro servo being sold on the great auction site (EBay)? The one I am looking at is the heavy duty metal gear one, and they also have some micro size ones. The price looks tempting but are they any good?

Reply to
Tim Holmes

FWIW - the Tower 53 servo is a Futaba. If you peel the Tower label off, Futaba is stamped in the case.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

all work great , no problems yet, but U should tape the 5 gram cases t

prevent coming loos

-- hall wo

----------------------------------------------------------------------- hall woo's Profile:

this thread:

hall woo

Reply to
Tim Holmes

They are just fine. In fact, except for the micro stuff which I know nothing about, I haven't run into any "bad" standard-size servos out of Asia.

They must really be cheap (implying you're a cheapskate) considering the cost of ordinary servos. The cheapest Hitecs are less than $10, and the best value in servos, the standard Airtronics with 50 oz-in of torque, are less than $14!

However, I must warn you I know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

| They are just fine. In fact, except for the micro stuff which I know | nothing about, I haven't run into any "bad" standard-size servos out of | Asia.

I haven't either, actually ... | They must really be cheap (implying you're a cheapskate) considering | the cost of ordinary servos. The cheapest Hitecs are less than $10, and | the best value in servos, the standard Airtronics with 50 oz-in of | torque, are less than $14!

Personally, my current standard sized favorite is the Hitec HS-325HB. $13, ball bearings, 42 oz/in of torque at 4.8v. I don't know just how strong the `karbonite' is, but I've never had one break or strip. (Or get the non BB version for $10.)

(According to ServoCity's

page, they're four times stronger than stock nylon gears. I'm not sure how that's measured, but they certainly do seem solid.)

| However, I must warn you I know the price of everything and the value | of nothing!

Heh.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

Actually, if you want a great LITTLE servo with torque up to 57 oz @4.8 volts, take a look at the BlueBird servos at Balsa Products

I use these in my electrics (Freedom 3D [48" span], mega 22-20-2, 10 cell 3300 nimh packs, 5:1 gearbox, 16x10 prop and CL-415 twin engine water bomber) and in my 40 - 60 size glow planes. Very reliable - no problems at all (well I did strip the gears in one them through my own fault. $2.00 for a new set of gears.)

They are about 2/3 the size of a HiTec 85.

Reply to
Ted Campanelli

Tower Pro 9g micro servo is good. its price is really very reasonable.

specialize in export R/C toys all over the world. Suc as R/C helicopter, R/C car, R/C boat, R/C ufo, brushless motor, ESC servo, li-polymer battery etc.welcome to visit our website for more ne R/C products. i will offer you competitive price. Website:
Email: snipped-for-privacy@happitoy.com MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co

-- yuk

----------------------------------------------------------------------- yuki's Profile:

this thread:

yuki

I need to know the wiring for the Tower Pro MG995 the red,orange an

brown which is +,- and signal please

-- gloop

----------------------------------------------------------------------- gloops's Profile:

this thread:

gloops

brown= negative , orange =signal, red= positiv

-- hall wo

----------------------------------------------------------------------- hall woo's Profile:

this thread:

hall woo

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Thank you all for the info. I'm not a modeller I'm using them on a

outboard motor to control the carb. instead of the normal cable an lever

-- gloop

----------------------------------------------------------------------- gloops's Profile:

this thread:

gloops

"I'm not a modeller" - AOK for model RC outboards in waterproof box with linkages fully sealed to prevent any water (especially brackish or salt) penetration. Perhaps I misread your last post but gives impression of use in other than a model. Would not like to be any where close if those servos are used with a full sized outboard motor as extremely high chances of servo failure from corrosion, damaged leads shorted, voltage fluctuations and vibration if used close to am outboard motor.

You may find some help on my web page under sub sections "Outboard motors, sterndrives and jet units." and :"Servo & TX alterations, calculators, clonepacs, make an ESC or winch, FAQ."

Regards Alan T. Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

A.T.

An interesting comment / review on one TowerPro MG995 advertised for sale on interbnet:

A.T.

That was great. If I ever start selling (ebay) I would be that honest. thanks mk

MJKolodziej