Twin Star aileron set up question.

I have been flying a Multiplex Twin Star for 5 or 6 months now. It flies very well be needs hardly any rudder input for co-ordinated turns. The ailerons are set up as per the instructions at 20mm up and 8mm down. I suspect that the extra drag on the inside wing, induces yaw rendering the rudder unnecessary. However the model does seem to loose more speed in the turn than I would have expected.

My question is, has anyone flown this model with equal aileron deflection? Or have similar experience with other models? It occurs to me that this set up might be in order to make the model easy to fly rather than 'better'. I will of course try it, but thought that I would take the lazy route first and ask.

CM

Reply to
CliveM