Update on Sandy Frank

From Doug "Chief" Powell this AM...

Sandy is being taken out of bed about twice a day for now and allowed to sit in a chair for short periods. Not walking yet but continues to improve enough for them to have taken the respirator "pressure assist" line out of his throat. He will be moved out of intensive care today to a "Progressive Care" floor/room as he is no longer considered critical. I don't know what that room or floor will be as yet, but I ought to be able to find out later this evening. He still cannot really speak well yet after having the res[irator tubes in his throat all this time, and they say he is still a bunch confused after having been so heavily sedated for so long. I would expect that another week ought to have him completely lucid and ready to kick down the doors and get on outta there. :-) All good news, and getting better every day. :-) I have copied a whole pile of folks on this update and am asking that you all help spread the word re Sandy's condition since I have probably forgotten to include many who had expressed their care and concern. Thanks to you all for your prayers and thoughts during this initial and very intensive phase of Sandy's recovery.

Bill Fulmer

Reply to
Bill Fulmer

It's my understanding that Dr. Frank eschews seat belts and air bags. Is this true? His injuries suggest neither was in use. Anybody know for sure?

Reply to
Geoff Sanders