Wheel brake?

Does anyone know of a source for RC wheel brakes, or construction drawings? I know there are high-priced brakes available for the jet market, but I'm looking for something suitable for a .60 sport model. Thanks...

rj

Reply to
Ralph Jones

If you are creative, you could make a servo push a pushrod, or pull a cable, and make a paddle scrub against the tire. If you had wheel pants, this could even be hidden.

Reply to
Morgans

DuBro, Carl Goldberg, or Sullivan or one of the other hardware makers used to make a simple one. Check their sites and see if it's not still available. It used a coil spring with an arm sticking out for a servo to grab onto. Simple and pretty inexpensive.

Reply to
Geoff Sanders

I think it was made by Rocket City R/C which is no longer in business. Not sure though.

Reply to
Jim

The original Das Ugly Stick by Phil Kraft used 'down' elevator to pull what looks like nylon fishing leader that in turn pulls a simple tubing-covered wire against the main tires. Lyman

Reply to
Lyman Slack

One thing that you can do is to place a piece of fuel tubing in between the collar and wheel. This adds some friction but since our planes are over powered anyway, the takeoff runs are not that much affected. But the added friction help out at landing.

Reply to
ahdofu

-- gosmondso

this thread: