Where did all the eBay folks go???

I was heavy into buying and selling R/C stuff on eBay about 2 years ago. I'v been away from R/C getting my glider rating. I'm getting back to RC again. I just looked on eBay and there a FRACTION of the stuff there now. Where is everyone selling their used stuff these days????

Man I'm behind the times in only 2 years!

Reply to
lucky_day

It's really hard to sort the good stuff from all the "toys" there now. Your best bet is saving an eBay search with terms like OS, YS, Top Flite etc and let them email the results daily. Very low signal to noise ratio in the RC section...

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

I think it's all still there; you just have to sort through five times more crapola to find it!

As PCPhil recommended, I use subscribed searches to keep me up to date on new listings that I might be interested in. It's a handy eBay feature and I score a good deal every now and then.

Good flying, desmobob

Reply to
Robert Scott

Well, there's a swap meet in Hico Texas tomorro. Really though, swap meets I've been to of late weren't that good. mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamilton

Things come and go in waves.

If I'm looking around for something specific, I'll check eBay, the LHSes, and the mailorder houses. Swapmeets and shows like Toledo are "cream".

I then know enough to pull back on the auction bids if I start getting close to the actual retail prices. Also, if its relly worth getting from the LHS (figuring in taxes versus S&H and customs duty).

A large kit is abouta day's net wages, the foam and depron ones about a half-day.

Thinking of wages and actual funds keeps me from blowing the household budget on a "want" and not a "need".

Reply to
byrocat

All I have seen on FleaBay is the cheap, worthless Asian CRAP they are selling for RC these days.

lucky_day wrote:

Reply to
AV8R

Use the 'only include used items' flag.

The really good stuff is seldom buy it now, or rated as 'new'

I WISH ebay had a flag for 'exclude all paypal only items'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yeah, and for kits you need to go further and filter out ARF. Most of what was coming up in my "kits" search were ARFs.

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

Ebay has been taken over by the crappy cheap toy peddlers although if you look hard enough you can still find some good stuff.

Serious sellers have moved to RC Universe.

The ads are free. Ebay got pretty expensive for sellers also.

Reply to
Jim Slaughter

Thanks all. I finally figured out what eBay did to make me not find 90% of the stuff I had saved searches for. They MOVED all the recievers, chargers,servos, engiines, etc OUT OF R/C Aircraft accessories to a to a new catagory called "Radio Control Parts & Access."

Reply to
lucky_day

It's a shame the RC stuff is so poorly organized on eBay. All the garbage Chinese toys mixed in with the hardcore hobby stuff makes browsing painful. Not to mention, it looks like someone who knows nothing about the hobby came up with the categories. Users have asked for changes, but they aren't making them.

Brina

Reply to
Brian