Where did Bottle Bob go?

Doing my once a week or so check in at amc and I don't see Bottle Bob. Did he give up on the group? I sure liked his posts.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

=A0Did he give up on

Wish we could say the same thing about Cliff.

Reply to
noneya

give up on

I sent him an eMail just now. I hope everything is OK.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

he give up on

He's around and is doing fine. I heard from him via private channels a couple weeks ago.

Reply to
Black Dragon

Vacationing with jb??

Reply to
Existential Angst

=A0Did he give up on

Last time I talked to him, his old boss managed to get him back in the shop.

Reply to
Joe788

=A0Did he give up on

Wes:

Thanks for your concern, and I'm glad you were as entertained by my posts. I sure had fun writing them over the years.

I'm f Yeah, I'm OK. In fact I'm probably in better physical shape now than I've been in a decade. After I stopped working (for the most part anyway - I've gone in a few times when Pat really needed someone), anyway like I was saying - when I was at home most of the time and not carrying vises across the shop, I started noting a physical decrepitude creeping up on me. So I started exercising with one of Kris Hogg's (AKA Mr. PV, Droll Troll, and lately Existential Angst) Holobarres (an adjustable doorway exercise bar). I started out doing like 40-60 V's, a sort of deep kneebend exercise where you exercise your legs AND arms. I got up to doing 120 reps, then 3-400 reps, and even finally did 1,050 in one set a couple of weeks ago. Last October I could barely do 15 pushups with a lot of straining, now I can whip out 55 no problem, well maybe not NO problem, but I can do them. LOL While I was at Avion, my weight hovered around 152-158 lbs for like a decade, now I'm down to around 134. My goal is 130. Sure do get hungry from time to time though. :) My blood pressure is down, due to the exercise and Magnesium supplements I started taking a few months ago.

I read a lot of SyFy and occasionally post to a hotrod forum where a bunch of my old street racing buddies hang out. There just isn't enough time in the day to deal with all the E- mails. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D

I cruse by amc from time to time. But my interests have changed somewhat since retiring. Besides, if anyone really wants to discuss machining topics they'd just go to Practical Machinist in any case.

Someone seemed to be implying that I post as someone else. I've NEVER posted under an alias other than my BottleBob handle. Even in other newsgroups, car forums, machining forums, or ANYWERE. I always use my BottleBob nick. If I feel something is worth saying, it's worth saying as ME.

-- BottleBob

bottlbob

Good to hear from you, Bob.

I never got around to start a "Is There a Life After Work?" thread. Guess you proved there is.

My dad stopped working when he was in his mid fifties. Now he's eighty and only recently stopped complaining about lack of time...

Be well, Bob. See ya later.

Reply to
J. Nielsen

(...)

Thanks for the heads-up Bob! We're glad everything is OK.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

[...]

Bottle will be posing for PlayGirl soon....

OK, I'll be taking HoloBarre orders, now..... :) Bottle, I'll send you your commission. :) :)

And actually, it would be difficult to convey the athletic accomplishment of doing just a couple hundred consecutive reps of this exercise. 500 would be extra-extraordinary, never mind 1050. I personally didn't think this was even possible.

This is not this bullshit stuff you see on TV. It's actually very undramatic, very simple, but highly highly efficient and effective, while being quite rehabilitative, zero impact, and back friendly, back-therapeutic.

Oh, Bottle forgot to mention the extraordinary machining and design of this unit -- all cadcamless, of course. :) Graph paper, yo, graph paper.... and a spreadsheet, of course.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Let me add that I DID have occasion to dismantle the Holobarre bar last October when I moved to a new place and chose to put it in a narrower doorway. I took it to the shop and had to shorten it 2". Mr. Hogg's chest thumping not withstanding, it actually does have a very ingenious internal design that is not readily apparent by looking at the outside of the bar. The device is spring loaded to disengage it from various pockets milled into the uprights that screw into your door-frame. It has about 6 machined parts that have to fit together, and I was surprised at the quality of machining for garage machinist. I won't go into any more detail since this is a proprietary device - (and the Chinese don't need any more products to copy), but it was very well done IMO.

-- BottleBob

bottlbob

Homo universalis

Reply to
noneya

Noneya:

At first I thought you were inferring that EA was gay.

But on further checking:

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

The terms Renaissance Man and, less commonly, h*mo universalis (Latin for "universal man" or "man of the world") are related and used to describe a person who is well educated or who excels in a wide variety of subjects or fields. =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

-- BottleBob

bottlbob

Would expect that from others in this group but NOT YOU !

Although with his PV handle?

Reply to
noneya

Noneya:

Well, I'm certainly not immune to making erroneous speculations based on limited data. But I'm willing to change any beliefs or conclusions I have based upon new or more complete information.

So is that you John, or if not, then who?

-- BottleBob

bottlbob

Not John, but what John are you thinking of?

I just moved to the Rancho Santa Fe, Del Mar area, hint, hint, wink, wink, tookie tookie.

Haven't set up my new computer, newsreader program or home network yet, just mucking around here and there from time to time using google groups.

Reply to
noneya

Noneya:

Irrelevant now.

OK, I got it. Curiosity is SUCH a curse. LOL

-- BottleBob

bottlbob

How's Ears doing Bob?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

John:

Ears is doing fine. I bought him a little cat toy, a fuzzy mouse - that when you pull the tail out about 6" and let it go - the mouse vibrates it's way forward about a foot in a semi-circle. He's been batting it all over the house. Ears is about 3 years old, and as I recently turned 65, I believe that cat will very probably outlive me. LOL

And as a side note in general, thanks to all those that have wished my well in this thread and in E-mail.

-- BottleBob

bottlbob

Keep up your proper diet and exercise and you'll be around a lot longer than that. : ) Kudos on the push ups. Has to be one of the best all around routines. I wish I could do longer sets of them but my shoulders seem to have issues at about #20 so I stick to an inclined bench or do shorter sets of them.

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill