where to live ?

Reply to
jim breeeyar

yes I have been told that a time or two ;-) She actually looks forward to traveling to events and the like.

Reply to
Dell Shannon

Moved to Panama City from Cleveland to get away from the cold weather and snow. Still had the cold weather, but no snow. The first winter the coldest it got was +5F. Being young and dumb, I put antifreeze in the car just like I had in Cleveland, so I was OK. Not so for many of the locals. The summer humidity in July and August was terrible!

Phoenix is the best I've had except for the 12 years in Hawaii.

Bruce B.

jim breeeyar wrote:

Reply to
Bruce Bretschneider

Florida is the flattest state in the US. Go only about an hour west of Houston and there are hills. Also some areas around Buffalo Bayou, even near downtown, have some elevation changes... not technically hills, but definitely not flat.

Reply to
jjp

I suppose this is not original, but a friend told me once, "My daughter called from Phoenix this morning. She said it was 120 degrees but it's so dry that it only seemed like 115."

Reply to
John R. Agnew

Best place to live?? San Diego. Dont' know about winds but slope soaring comes to mind if it blows too hard there. bill

Reply to
Stoc005

I have to admit, San Diego is absolutely wonderful...if you can afford a house....if you like LOTS of traffic. But the weather is great and the people are nice.

Reply to
jeboba

One thing I noticed about SD though is there is very little open land nearby any more. It is getting like LA where urban spawl has forced most of the flying sites out to the desert.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh