where to live ?

I agree -- Houston is a nice city that is usually very underrated by outsiders.

Reply to
jjp

I would rather have snow than the 99.9% year round humidity. Was miserable enough in Oct/Nov the few times I was there. I dont even want to think about Summer. Doesnt the rainy season there run from January thru December?

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

December of 1984 there was around 12-15 inchs of snow in San Antonio area. I was there in a great vacation at Lackland Airforce Base for a few weeks. John

Reply to
John Graham

Three words Hell Paso, TX

Reply to
Pete Christensen

Yup, about 800 miles east of HellA. Both of those are suburbs with Phoenix being smack in the downtown (at least in the summer!).

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Tampa, Florida. We fly year round. A bunch of clubs in the area.

Reply to
jeboba

Arizona sucks! lizards, cactus, blowing dust, and a danged oven...yeah, it's dry...but it is inside your kitchen oven too!

Reply to
jeboba

The average high temperature in the hotest part of summer in Tampa is 92 degrees. New York, Minnesota, etc. etc. have higher temps and higher humidity! You can have your 7% humidity in Arizona. 110 degrees is still more miserable than 92 with some humidity.

You KNOW a hurricane is coming but not tornadoes. Tampa is great. Been here

23 years now and won't leave for anything! Tampa also has the gulf of mexico beaches, great sailing, boating, fishing.

Reply to
jeboba

That's a HUGE exaggeration of the humidity.

There are several rainy seasons. But also many sunny days. Not like someplace like Seattle with almost constant rain/cloudiness.

Reply to
jjp

Take a look at the weather report today.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

This from someone who doesn't live there.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

Yup, and that's fine with me.

snip

snip

Hmm, I haven't seen many hurricanes that don't have tornadoes. It must have something to do with the world revolving around Tampa I suppose. At least it thins out the roach population for a while. ;o)

Reply to
Greg

I have spent a lot of time in Arizona on business... for two and three months at a time. That's as close to living there as I ever want to get!

Reply to
jeboba

many more sunny days than rainy. And during the rainy season, it doesn't start til late afternoon.

Humidity is nowhere near 99% except when it's raining! Humidity ranges from

30%-80% the rest of the time.

Check out the temperature and rainfall statistics below:

month avg temp max temp min temp rainfall (inches) Jan 60 70 50 2.27 Feb 61 71 51 2.67 Mar 67 77 57 2.84 Apr 71 82 61 1.80 May 77 87 67 2.85 Jun 81 89 73 5.50 Jul 82 90 75 6.49 Aug 82 90 75 7.60 Sep 81 90 73 6.54 Oct 75 84 65 2.29 Nov 67 77 57 1.62 Dec 62 72 52 2.30 avg annual rainfall 44.77

Tempted yet?

water-sports

Reply to
jeboba

(snip)

Does this conversation look familiar?

(snip)

Reply to
Greg

Nope. Ive been there. Several times. Besides being the absolute flattest place I have ever been, (I AM a HillPerson after all) at 45% humidity a bullet in the head starts looking good to me. Beyond that, taking out everyone else near me at the same time seems like an act of mercy. Fubars dont do humid. Sweat dripping from my elbows does not a lifestyle make. Besides, I work outside. AC is not an option. That rainfall total is 3 times what we get here in So Cal. Did I mention its too flat?

Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople

I lived there for 9 years straight.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

How long were you there, taking the medication?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
jim breeeyar