Latest threads in ✈ RC aircraft modelsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Anyone using a Spektrum module in their Futaba 8U or 9C?
I just ordered one, then heard a tale of woe from a fellow club member at our indoor flying session this weekend. He said his had a very poor fit and had to shimmed out with tape, and he experienced...
8
8

Laird Super Solution in March 2011 Flying Models
Well, I've got an article for the March 2011 Flying Models on my 'puter, for a Laird Super Solution foamie. I need to stop saying "dang but I'm good" and "wow, when I sent them those nice pictures...
1
1

Did anyone fly on the 1st?
I did not. Weather wasn't too bad in Texas but I weenied out. mk
2
2

Re: Don't Buy Laptops!
Did you post this in the wrong group? This is really off topic for .
2
2

100% scale electric
Holidays and Merry Christmas. Mike Kolodziej http://tinyurl.com/27jgwet Sonex Aircraft’s proof-of-concept electric-powered Waiex sports aircraft has successfully completed its maiden flight. The...

reversed exponential
Many of us use exponential and know what it does. I use it to soften the middle of the stick while maintaining full deflection for aerobatics. This seems to be what everyone else does according to...
11
11

prop adapters
I have a question re prop adapters. We're working with an E-Flite Power25 motor, we have the problem of the prop adapter barely being long enough for the propeller and backing plate of the spinner. We...
1
1

Ping - Skywise & Ed Anderson
Thanks for the electric info that I was looking for back on Oct. 30.
2
2

Re: Great Planes PT 20 trainer help A or B wing ??
Peferably the "A" wing because of the dihedral in the wing. it flys slow. I have a Pt-40 by great planes.

Can you thin expoxy and what would you thin it with.
I am using a 20 minute clear epoxy and was wondering if I could thin it down to make it more workable.
9
9

DIY Radio Update: FCC
I received a response from the FCC this morning... "We agree that you may build the device and operate without a certification from FCC. This is true since the module you are using is already...
5
5

Comet Gull
I just flung my rebuilt Comet Gull into the air, having rebuilt it after it spent several years in pieces under my workbench. It now has a LiPo battery in there (and 1/2 oz of brass in the nose)...
6
6

DIY radio update
It's been over a week since this has been discussed and there is some new information. I put in a ticket with AMA and was told there is no issue with a DIY radio being used, even at AMA fields and/or...
5
5

Indoor models
My club has some indoor flying sessions over the winter in a local National Guard armory gymnasium. Last winter, I bought a flat foam Yak and all the flight gear from Tower Hobbies but found it was a...
4
4

AMA rules re my DIY radio
The following is information relevant to the ongoing discussion as to whether and how I can build my own 2.4 Ghz radio system and use it to fly remote controlled aircraft. This post ONLY regards AMA...
26
26