2006 text editing

Is it just me or are there others that don't care for the new text editing scheme in the '06 release? The new formatting options avialable for mtext is an improvement but having
to view dtext & mtext for editing at their respective created angles is difficult at best. I don't read particularly well sideway or at odd angles either.