Pro Engineer Hole callout text

I am trying to determine how to change the hole callout text globally for Pro/E. I am using Wildfire 3.0 The issue has come up because I am trying to make drawings in German and the default translation for "Clearance" is "L=F6schen", which here in Innsbruck Austria makes no sense to my machinists.

I don't want to change the .hol file with a static german word, since that would make it difficult to issue the drawings in english. Rather I would like to change the text that Pro/E replaces &STD_HOLE_TYPE with. I assume it must be in some file that came with the german language addon, but searches for the term have so far turned up nothing.

Reply to
mkumph

I am trying to determine how to change the hole callout text globally for Pro/E. I am using Wildfire 3.0 The issue has come up because I am trying to make drawings in German and the default translation for "Clearance" is "Löschen", which here in Innsbruck Austria makes no sense to my machinists.

I don't want to change the .hol file with a static german word, since that would make it difficult to issue the drawings in english. Rather I would like to change the text that Pro/E replaces &STD_HOLE_TYPE with. I assume it must be in some file that came with the german language addon, but searches for the term have so far turned up nothing.

I don't have good news or a good answer. Like you, I tried to find the text in files/folder within the installation. Maybe it's XP's search functionality. Looking at xtop.exe with XVI32, I found option looking phrases that looked like they belonged to the manufacturing module. I believe they were machining paramters. And I found the keyword, &STD_HOLE_TYPE, but it didn't look to be keyed to a value. These are things that would be loaded into an array and keyed to certain registries which would be linked to a list somewhere. But no way to tell without reverse engineering the code. And the data in the linked list could easily be encrypted. I was wondering it if could even be stored outside of xtop, say, in a DLL.

However, if your goal is to make English/German hole callouts possible, why not have two sets of .HOL files, each with its own CALLOUT_FORMAT, where you would replace the hole type parameter with literal text for TAP and CLEARANCE, in German in one set and English in the other. It would still take some editing but might be satisfactory on the condition of flexibility. I wonder if relations and if conditions could be used to assign a new value to &STD_HOLE_TYPE, such as If STD_HOLE_TYPE=="Löschen" STD_HOLE_TYPE="Abfertigung", vielleicht. An evaluation followed by an assignment.

David Janes

Reply to
Janes