ACad 2012 graphics card query

Wife has an I5 with 16 gigs ram in it. Newer motherboard with Intels dual-head "HD graphics" on-board.
She complains at how slow the pc is within Acad. She's doing large
architectural structure drawings (tech term "interference" drawings).
We're considering putting in an add-on graphics card. problem is Autodesk seems to "certify" only a small number of cards and they are not commonly found in a store. Online presents problems with things like when card comes does it also include the dongle cables for dual-head etc. etc.
I'm wondering if or why not a decent newer more commonly found ATI/nVidia "gaming" card wouldn't do just as well.
Opinions appreciated, experience really appreciated.

Interesting discussion at <http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Quadro-best-available-vs-Other-Graphics-Cards/td-p/3099546
I'm in the "I really need to get a new box" mode myself, so all I can offer is opinions, but searching on "quadro vs gtx" or similar terms should turn up some folks with real runtime.
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA