another 3D question - basic

Hi all, have just started making the transition from 2D-3D in cad, most things are going well and ive drawn a few models, but still missing some of the basic points.....

if i draw, say, a square as a polyline, with a circle inside it, then use the region command, then extrude them both into the z axis, how do i get the circle to become a void rather than a solid? or am i going about this in totally the wrong way? How do i cut a hole in my solid once its drawn?

really wish my company would buy solidworks :-(

Thanks, Shaun

Reply to
Shaun Van Poecke

don't region them. extrude them first, then subtract, you may also want to experiment with the slice command for cutting solid with a straight plane

Reply to
longshot