Attribute Extraction to Excel

When I open up an excel sheet that has been extracted from AutoCad 2006 to Excel XP - SP3 the numbers are not useable. All #'s (not text) have an (')
in front of them, excel will not recognize the #'s for functions and will not recognize the symbol for a find and replace command.

Export as CSV file
This worked for the drawing I am on, any ideas why excel does this. I have been on machines that work fine with excel files.

You should be able to Find and Replace those _'_ out, in Excel, and set those cell formats to 'Number'
-- R'zenboom
Find and replace does not work - even done a copy and paste to make sure the symbol was exactly right.