AutoCad & Voice commands

I was using Autocad 2000 with a very good speech reconigtion software called Voice Xpress which has since gone under....... this program worked excellent with AutoCad in that I could speak commands very easily........ for example I could say "menu Draw Line" and the Line command would be issued, and with each command I could just say "Enter" without having to hit the Enter key.

So I know there are plenty of speech reconigtion software packages out there, but which one works the best with Autocad 2000...... I'm not looking for a good dictation software, but rather something that can handle a programs standard commands........

Since I upgraded to Windows XP, Voice Xpress is no longer able to work..........

Reply to
don

fujka

While I was going to say more or less the same thing, it doesn't really answer the OP's question. I know nothing about speech-recognition, but L>RightClick would probably beat "menu" alone.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Yes I am........

Reply to
don

I use W2000 Pro with Autocad 2000. I have Dragon Naturally Speaking software. It will stumble through mtext, but I cannot recommend it for commands. I have not played with it enough to shoot it down entirely, but I am glad I don't have to rely on voice reconition software with Autocad.

I am wondering why someone would "upgrade" to an OS like XP if a critical program won't go along with you.

Can you uninstall XP?

Reply to
Roy Knapp

When you buy a New Laptop, it comes with Windows XP, and I didn't know that this program would no longer work....... most operating systems are backward compatible........ thats why MS-DOS is still found in Windows..........

Reply to
don