Unknown Command?

First, I am not a regular AutoCAD user. I regularly use another brand 3D modeling software. Basically, we only have a seat of AutoCAD (it is actually Mechanical Desktop 5 with ACAD 2000i included) to view customer drawings and do minor revisions. I have never had any formal training in AutoCAD. So please bare with my lack of intelligence.

On my first computer that I had when I started working here, I taught myself ACAD enough to where I could do basic things. I have since gotten a new computer and installed MD on it and set it up just as it was on my old computer. I have noticed that for some reason, there are several commands that give me an error of "Unknown command - Press F1 for help". I have used ALL of these commands when I used ACAD on my old computer. Some of these commands are:

properties find dwgprops

3dorbit adcenter etc.

Also with most (if not all) of my snaps which include: tt from endp mid int appint cen qua tan per par etc.

And also when I try to go to my: snap settings grid settings ortho settings polar settings osnap settings otrack settings but oddly enough I CAN get to my line weight settings

Does anyone know what might be going on here? If so, could you please explain the fix in simple terms. Remember I am not very ACAD knowledgeable.

Thank you,

Reply to
Seth Renigar

How are you issuing commands? Toolbars? Menus? Keyboard?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I get the error regardless of how the commands are issued.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Sounds like serious problems with the install process: missing or incorrectly pathed .dll files or similar problems. Try uninstalling AutoCAD and reinstalling it. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Type "Demandload" at the command prompt if the answer is 3 then it's a

Guus

"Seth Renigar" schreef in bericht news:0bzNc.180421$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

knowledgeable.

Reply to