Blocks covering objects in ACAD 2006LT?

Is there a way to have a block cover existing objects on a drawing? For example: I'm an electrical contractor and many times I want to place an exhaust fan block over a toilet - which is usually a block also. I would like to have the portion of the toilet block be invisible where it is covered by the exhaust fan block so as to make things appear less confusing. Do I do that by using a white solid hatch when I create my fan block, but I feel there must be a better way. TIA

Reply to
Paul S.

I like this way.

I make the outside line on a symbol block a region. Then when I insert the block I give it a positive Z. When things work, she hides. Electrical devices covering conduit - super cool. Columns covering brick hatch on architectural elelvations - problimatic. Wish it worked all the time.

My block for an exhaust fan is a square with a diagonal line. I would think this would be a case where it would cover a toilet block nicely, and consistently.

Good luck.

Reply to
roy

Reply to