McAfee blocks sldworks.exe

McAfee virus scan is blocking sldworks.exe because it "contians suspicious scripting activity". Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to designate sldworks.exe as an allowed application? I've looked in McAfee help without success.

Thanks, dick

Reply to
dick

I've run into this during installs, but not when running the software.

Reply to
TOP

I've run into this during installs, but not when running the software.

Reply to
TOP

Is it just the "phone home" feature when you start it up that's getting blocked? With ZoneAlarm, if you dont let it do this, SW crashes itself. I wonder if this is what McAfee gets mad about?

Reply to
Kevin Silbert

So, you're saying that one cannot use SW if one doesn't have internet access? That's absurd!

nb

Reply to
notbob

Nope. Not what I'm saying.

I'm saying that if you actively prevent it from trying to get to the net, it crashes in my experience. If you dont have a connection, no biggie.

Reply to
Kevin Silbert

Maybe I should clarify a bit more... I'm not saying it's even a SolidWorks "feature" that causes this behavior. It could just be a timing thing caused by the pop-up Zone Alarm dialog that throws off the program and causes problems. And of course this is just in my experience, using the free ZoneAlarm, etc. End of disclaimers...

Reply to
Kevin Silbert

There are other connections other than to the internet that ZA will block.

Reply to
TOP

Turn off the ENABLE PERFORMANCE EMAIL and SW shouldn't have to phone home when you start up.

Actually, "performance email" was not enabled.

Dick

Reply to
dick

I should mention ZoneAlarm is not involved. I have previously used it with good results, but I am now trying out McAfee, which is available free from comcast. On another computer, I am using Norton Internet security and there may be some problems with it with regard to mistaking large programs like Solidworks for malicious software.

Thanks for all the responses.

Dick

Reply to
dick